cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
340 Views
Message 1 of 14

BT Infinity 1 order

 

Hi I had placed an order for BT Infinity 1 unlimited broadband on 7th Feb 2013. I have the confirmation mail from BT for the same. As they informed that they will contact me in 2 days, I have been waiting. Today when I tried to "track my order", it is not available on the system. When I contacted customer care (web chat), they said there is no such order and I have to do it again and they will ask their sales representative to contact me for new order. !

 

I am having doubts what happened to my previous order -- I have the email confirmation from BT, should I proceed and go for new order or wait. 

 

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
333 Views
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order

Is you current ISP BT, because if it's not then you have to provide a MAC code when ordering or the order will drop off the system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
327 Views
Message 3 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order

could you please edit the order number this is a public forum
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
324 Views
Message 4 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order

No, my current ISP is SKY. Whatever be the case, why my order is not visible in the system?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
323 Views
Message 5 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order

I can ! but what's the purpose, when the company who issued the order has no records for it 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
311 Views
Message 6 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order


@sandeep755 wrote:

No, my current ISP is SKY. Whatever be the case, why my order is not visible in the system?


Did you provide the MAC code from Sky when you ordered?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
305 Views
Message 7 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order

No, I have not spoken to my current provider yet, as instructed by customer representative. He mentioned that I should wait for BT email for order progress and payment only after that I should get MAC from current provider. Also there was no option of providing MAC while ordering online.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
299 Views
Message 8 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order

You need to contact Sky for your mac first, before placing your order with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
287 Views
Message 9 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order


@NorthstaNder wrote:

You need to contact Sky for your mac first, before placing your order with BT.


Not necessary.

 

I ordered Infinity & when I got the order confirmation email I contacted Sky for the MAC code , which I got - surprisingly - immediately.

 

It might matter that I had my phone with BT , if it's with , say, Sky I think the process might be slightly different.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
285 Views
Message 10 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 1 order


@TimCurtis wrote:

@NorthstaNder wrote:

You need to contact Sky for your mac first, before placing your order with BT.


Not necessary.

 

I ordered Infinity & when I got the order confirmation email I contacted Sky for the MAC code , which I got - surprisingly - immediately.

 

It might matter that I had my phone with BT , if it's with , say, Sky I think the process might be slightly different.


The OP got the confirmation email, but did not contact Sky for the MAC code, that's the difference. I think BT closes the order if it has not got the MAC code within 2 days of the order.

0 Ratings