cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTJ19
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity 1 speed almost halved just like that.

Within the first couple of weeks of using bt inifinity my speeds were stable and pretty much at the max I was going to get at around 36Mbps. However now my IP profile stays at a constant 21.88 Mb. I have tried restarting the router but it stays the same. My hardware hasn't changed either. I have run a few of the diagnostic tools and I am getting sent 22Mbps. Why the sudden half speeds?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity 1 speed almost halved just like that.

can you  go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CTJ19
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ51424882
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 24/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:3 days, 09:15:25
6. Data rate:9995 / 22400
7. Maximum data rate:13490 / 39187
8. Noise margin:6.8 / 9.9
9. Line attenuation:29.1 / 22.4
10. Signal attenuation:29.0 / 20.8
11. Data sent/received:2.3 GB / 29.6 GB
12. Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)51.63511.97.2--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)43.325.511.95.5--Available

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 21.02 Mbps

0 Mbps21.68 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 21.02 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-21.68 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 21.68 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 7.5 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.5Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

your connection time is now 3+ days but were you having connection problems with router dropping connection or with manual resets trying to get speed back or both.  reason I ask is your noise margin is now at 9.9db whereas normal is about 6db

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

if test is ok then just stay connected 24/7 and the DLM will reduce your noise margin and start to increase you speed and therefore your profile  this could take a few weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CTJ19
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I've been connected for 3 days now as I heard that staying connected for a week or two might fix the problem. Previously I had restarted the router to try and get the speed back including turning off the power or simply hitting restart.

Just a couple of questions. With the quiet line test, I called the number pressed 2 and i pretty much heard nothing until the voice said "quiet line test" every 10 seconds. Is that what you would define as okay?

Secondly shall I stay connected until I see imporvements or shall I restart the router after a couple of weeks?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

quiet line test isexactly how tyou describe it so ok

you need to stay connected 24/7 with no resets unless absolutely necessary - stable conenction for DLM to make automatic changes