cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCarter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity 1 speeds but paying BT Infinity 2 prices.

Go to solution

Hi,

I've been paying for Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2 which should give me speeds of upto 76mb but after running several speed tests over the last week I have discovered that I'm still getting the same speeds as I did when I was on  Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 1 with speeds of upto 38mb.

When doing the speed tests I get between 34.8 and 36.2mb/s so not even getting the upto 38mb. I was offered this upgrade to BT Infinity 2 via my account page and it said I was able to get BT Infinity 2 speeds (estimated 54mb on my line)

I'm paying and have been paying for a service I don't seem to be getting and this has been going on since I upgraded last year. I tryed to email about this but all the page kept doing is asking me for me account number even though it had been entered so seems I'm unable to email BT about this too. I've rung several times but can never seem to get through, I ring Billing they say its Broadband, I ring them and they say its Billing. I managed to send an email December time and after 1 missed call I was told the request would be closed via txt message unless I txt back asking for another call back, which I did and never got one.

So what now? I'm still under contract but I don't want to leave as I have 3 mobile SIM's too (I get the discount) I just don't see why I should pay for a service I don't or can't get and sick of been given the run around and ignored Cat Mad

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity 1 speeds but paying BT Infinity 2 prices.

Go to solution
If your line can only deliver a VDSL2 speed of up to 54Mbps (could be lower you can check the estimated speed range at http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl ) and especially as BT Infinity 1 is now advertised as a up to 52Mbps service (depending on line characteristics) then I don't see the point of you being on BT Infinity 2 in terms of speed.

You can call the options team to downgrade (and potentially negotiate a deal) by calling 0800 800 030
0 Ratings
mickc1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I'm in the same situation, I saw the same upgrade meesage on the account page and upgraded, I feel like I've been misled, why offer an upgrade when the service isn't available, how do I get this cancelled?

0 Ratings
RCarter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Well after speaking to someone from Customer Service I was told there was nothing I could do as I "agreed" to the T&C's when I signed up.

I do feel scammed by BT for offering me a service I can't or wont ever get at my home however the guy at customer service was helpful and even though I couldn't get a better price on my BB I did get some extras on the mobile side which balanced out the extra cost.

Even though BT sales are ripping users off atleast the customer service team are decent people.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Have another polite go at customer options. Tell them that you think you have been mislead by the "sales team" and have been put onto the wrong infinity contract. Also point out that your line is not capable of infinity 2 speeds ie over 52 Mbps.

You can also wait until you get the email about the price rises and then use that as leverage to downgrade.

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
When you took up the offer were you quoted a guaranteed speed? On the BT tester shown above what stats are you getting for connection speed?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
RCarter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I was quoted 54mb/s by them

I did ring back and got another Customer Support advisor who has done me a very nice deal, keep Infinity 2 at Infinity 1 price so I don't need to signup to a new contract and has taken my complaint too about the sales person who mis-sold me the infinity 2 so I am happy as once again the Customer Service Team provided understanding and ensured I ended the call a happy user.

0 Ratings