cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 2 - 1mbps download speed

We currently have a BT Infinity 2 package with up to 76 mpbs download speeds and unlimited usage. 

However, this is an absolute nightmare! I have tried on several occassionas to do an independent speed check and everytime is showing speed test download speeds of under 2mbps. We have done this through several different independent services too. 

We have also tried this on several occassions through the bt's own speed test. This has however not worked for us. We get to the final stage of the test and it says either the device is not connected to the BT hub 3 ... or that they can't confirm we are using the internet line and will not do the test. We have attempted tests both with ethernet wired connection or wireless and through several devices, however always the same outcome.

We have tried both phone lines for connection to the router and also tried to change the channel that the router is using and yet neither has sped up the connection at all. 

It's got to the point where we can't even watch netflix or bbc iplayer with 1 device connected because it takes too long to load. 

We also have an issue where the internet connection goes down if someone phones. 

If anyone can help this would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 2 - 1mbps download speed

What do you mean by both phone lines? BB only comes only over 1 phone line, unless, rarely, you are served by more than 1 BB service. Do you mean you have tried diff phone sockets in the house? BB is best taken from the master socket.

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Message 3 of 5

I do mean phone sockets. It made very little difference whether I used the master or secondary as both gave a download speed of 1ish mbps. 

This is from the test for the phone line.

With regards to the rull router stats, how can I do this? BT speed test will not work for me sadly. All I've been able to use is the free to use testers on google.

I've gone onto the trouble shooting section for the router stats. What info do you need?

thanks

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

As the trouble shooting section for the router stats says it's diff for diff HHs. It'll be a page with Speeds/Rates, Attenuation & Noise Margins on it.

Message 5 of 5

For the HH5 you need the troubleshooting/helpdesk page.

For the HH6 (smarthub) you need the advanced settings/technical log page.

0 Ratings