Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ObscurePaulie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 35

BT Infinity 2 HH3 dropping wifi connection on xbox and mobile

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can come up with a solution as to why my Internet seems to drop connection for about 30 seconds to a minute on my xbox console and mobile phone?

I have tried restarting the router multiple times, I still have a HH3 with the modem box. Was kinda hoping for a newer HH but of course us existing customers (5+ years) don't get any of the new tech for free.

I have even tried a new third party router but still having issues with the connection dropping in and out and random intervals. I am beginning to think that I mat have an issue with the modem box itself or the master telephone socket.

I have never had these issues before, it's only started to happen recently. I am at my wits end with it now, have no more ideas I can try, hoping someone at bt or even on here may be able to help (preferably an engineer to have a look at my master socket and modem)

One can always dream I suppose.

Thanks in advance, anyone that may be helpful 🙂
0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 35

Re: BT Infinity 2 HH3 dropping wifi connection on xbox and mobile

Does the connection drop if you use an Ethernet connection to your Xbox?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
bh8er
Contributor
Message 3 of 35

If you have Infinity 2 why are you still using a HH3? Surely the miracle of technology the HH6 should be available to you and may meet your needs.
0 Ratings
JoshJ
Beginner
Message 4 of 35

Hi ObscurePaulie,

It's hard to work out what your problem is as there are a number of things that could be causing it. Your best bet would to get some tests run on your connection to try and rule out any problems with the line or the network. You can do this by clicking here and then clicking on "Repair my Broadband", you will then need to login with your BT ID.

If that does not work then you can check some things at home to rule out any issues there. Try another filter (if you have one) to see if that resolves it or you can also try connecting your broadband into the test socket and monitoring your connection to see if there are any improvements there. You can find instructions on connecting to the test socket here.

While the Hub 3 in conjunction with the Openreach modem won't necessarily cause you any problems, as an Infinity customer you should have a Smart Hub to get the best out of your connection.

If you need further help or to discuss getting a Smart Hub I would recommend getting in contact with one of the moderators who will be able to assist you further or you can contact BT on 0800 800 150. Live chat is also available here between 7am - 10:45pm.

All the best,

Josh

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 35

JoshJ

For information, forum users can not contact the moderators. If the moderators become involved it is normally after it is apparent that all other routes of help have been exhausted or something only their intervention would solve.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/93164...

0 Ratings
JoshJ
Beginner
Message 6 of 35

Thanks for the info, will keep in mind for future.

JoshJ

0 Ratings
ObscurePaulie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 35

Thanks for the things to try guys, I ram a noise treat using the test socket. That's absolutely fine, no noise at all.

I proceeded onto the link that you provided josh and ran all treats which by say are ok. I have a broadband telephone socket so don't need a filter or use one.

I dunno what else to try if in being honest.

I purchased third party routers and I'm getting the same issue exactly the same, so something must be at fault I just don't know what it is.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

Do you have any extension wiring?

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

0 Ratings
ObscurePaulie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 35

I don't have any extension wiring and the socket I have is the 4th one 🙂
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 35

That one is usually fine, but you can always check it by removing the bottom section and plugging a microfilter into the socket located behind.

Then plug your phone and Openreach modem into the microfilter to see if you still get the disconnects.

The only way to prove the modem would be to get a third party VDSL modem/router, and use that instead of the Openreach modem and HH3. Its a much neater solution anyway, and is likely to perform much better than the HH3 and Mmodem.

They are quite cheap to buy.

The TP-Link TD-W9970 N300 for about £35 or less (£29.99 at Argos). Very good value for money, and readily available locally, so easy to return if you are not happy with it.

There is a review here http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/tplink_TD-W9970_review.htm

There is a quick setup wizard.

Login details

Broadband Username   bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password bt

Even though you are not using a home hub

0 Ratings