Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stockypotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

BT Infinity 2: Huge decline in speed in evenings - Mile End - Cabinet number 17

Go to solution

Hi all,

My housemate and I wanted the best internet out there, so recently upgraded to BT Infinity 2 after Emma **edited by Mod** from BT guarenteed us a minimum speed of 64mpbs:

It's been roughly two months since activation, and during the day at around lunch time we're getting good speeds:

bt wholesale speed test.png

But as soon as it gets to around 5pm onwards - for the next 8 or so hours we get these speeds:

bt speed evening.png

However it doesn't even really feel like 7mbps.

Connected to:

ss+(2016-11-02+at+10.25.33).jpg

Service area report

When I initially type in my number I see this:

But when I click on see details I get this:

Quiet line test

Unfortauntely we don't have a phone connected so can't run this.

Router stats

Will post when I get home tonight.

Can a BT employee please review the above and give guidance on how we can fix this so we get the speeds that Emma **edited by Mod** guarenteed us during the times when we actually use it.

Otherwise i'm happy to take this further under a wrongful advertisement claim.

All the best,

Andrew

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Stockypotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT Infinity 2: Huge decline in speed in evenings - Mile End - Cabinet number 17

Go to solution

Hey,

So here are the router stats - just let me know if anything is missing from the above so you can look into it.

Thanks

router stats.jpg

0 Ratings
Stockypotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Re: BT Infinity 2: Huge decline in speed in evenings - Mile End - Cabinet number 17

Go to solution

Hey all - anyone able to check into this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution
Nothing wrong with the physicall connection.

It's a congestion issue beyond the exchange.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Stockypotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Hey Webby,

You say nothing wrong, but isn't the noise margin really high? 

Also i'd like an official response from BT thank you.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution
The noise margin is largely irrelevant for your line because you're connected at the highest possible rate.

The higher the noise margin, the better for lines such as your as it mean there's more "protection" from external noise sources.

You can await for an official word but I'm telling you now there's no physical issue. The network beyond the exchange will be congested and will be awaiting BT Wholesale to increase the capacity. There's little if anything that can be done to speed up that process.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

@Stockypotty wrote:

Hey Webby,

You say nothing wrong, but isn't the noise margin really high? 

Also i'd like an official response from BT thank you.

Why post on a customer to customer forum if you don't believe the answers you are given.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your physical connection, the problem is congestion.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Stockypotty,

I've checked the Mile End site and I can see that two of the virtual pathways are running hot, two are being looked into and the rest are all performing as normal. For the two running hot, infrastructure is required. One of the VLAN's target resolution is for the 30/11/2016 and the other is for the 31/12/2016.

We'd need to know your details before we could tell you which VLAN you are on. You can reach us by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a couple of working days to pick it up for you but we will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Stockypotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Seemed like everyone else was getting good responses from official mods who could help them.

And oh look, Daniel replied with some very useful information.

I guess that's why I posted here.

0 Ratings
Stockypotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Very interesting thanks Daniel - i've messaged the mods now.

All the best.

0 Ratings