cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qi_master
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Infinity 2 Northern Ireland

I do installations for infinity in Northern Ireland. I currently am on a 38 meg connection. I have checked my line and the max it will stand is about 56 meg. Meter reads 0.7km from cabinet. By road it is much closer but cables go round the houses so don't assume that because the cab is close it goes straight to your home.
If you are getting sub 35 meg currently you will likely see no speed increase as your line will be running at max capacity to get the speed you are currently on.

When we connect the tester at the house it shows max rate for the line. Very often I see sync of 40/2 or 40/10 with lines running at 55 percent capacity.
0 Ratings
pilot1
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Hi ijsimpson

I have Infinity out of Knock, Belfast exchange and have a few issues. Could you give me Aileen's contact details?

Many thanks 

Jim

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Why are BT giving personalised quotes to people?, i was told i would get 69 mb download and 20 mb upload after the upgrade,currently on 25mb download, 3 mb upload,i have had no speed increase since upgrade, just the opposite,although line speed is on way back to what it was before upgrade..my case has been escalated to fault status but not confident after reading so many problem upgrade posts,as long as they cancel the new contract and put me back on my old contract i will have to put this down to experience and what seems like very misleading info from BT.

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

It's not a quote but an estimate. There is a difference between the two.
0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 17

Hi Folks

Just a wee note to tell NI BT customers I am happy to give you Aileens number but you must private message me for it, as some in BT dont know the meaning of customer service.

Ian

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

Todays speed

bt speed.png

Better but not good enough for Infinity 2

0 Ratings
oVz
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

Before the "upgrade" is was getting 37mbps down and 7 up now its really unstable and my upload never goes over 1mbps I hear its a firmware problem in the Home hub really starting to **bleep** me off because I know if I do ring up the most I'll get is a new home hub most likely end up with the same problem mi screwed Smiley Sad

0 Ratings