Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swinbag
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 2 Slow(er) Speeds

Good evening,

I was hoping to get some advice regarding a speed issue we've recently been experiencing with our BT Infinity 2 Service...

We've had Infinity 2 for some time and it's been very consistent speed-wise until recently; our sync speed has dropped from the usual 74~ Mbps to 45~ Mbps.

I know this sounds quite trivial, as relatively speaking 45 Mbps is nowhere near 'slow', however it's affecting download times on larger files and it's generally got me perplexed, so would like to get to the bottom of it.

I've included speed test results and the router stats below - only step I am yet to carry out is to plug into the test socket, as I don't have any microfilters laying around but I should be able to find one over the weekend. Quiet line test was normal and I noticed nothing unusual there.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Any advice/ input would really be appreciated! 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Swinbag
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 2 Slow(er) Speeds

Just to update on this:

I plugged the HH5 into the test socket via a microfilter on Sunday - I am assuming I would need to leave it connected for as long as possible if this is DLM related?

Part of me is starting to wonder if the decrease in speed is related to crosstalk, as we live in a relatively small village but have recently had 100~ new builds completed on various developments within the last 6 months - this is around the time our speed dipped.

I did originally log this as a fault with BT and they scheduled for an Openreach engineer to attend, but they twice failed to turn up on the alloted day(s) - after taking days off work for 2 failed visits I lost my patience with them and gave up. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

What is the maximum data rate shown in the hub when connected to the test socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Swinbag
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Webby,

Maximum data rate is actually showing as less than before now:

7. Maximum data rate:25864 / 50735

5.PNG

Thanks

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You need an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings