Hi I placed an order for my BT Infinity Option 2 to be upgraded to BT Infinity 2 on sunday morning. This change was due to take place up to midnight on tuesday.
With BT Infinity Option 2 I maintained d/l speeds of 37.05mbps and u/l speeds of 8.1mbps since my installation. On monday however when arriving home I randomly did a speedtest to find out my d/l speeds as well as u/l speeds had dropped to roughly 1.1mbps. I rebooted the HH3 to then get speeds of 37.05 and 8.1 respectively.
I maintained these speeds up untill tuesday aftenoon when another speedtest yeilded similar results, like before I rebooted the HH3 and the speeds returned to normal.
Sometime tuesday night I was upgraded to BT Infinity Option 2, a speed check the following morning resulted in d/l speeds of 74mbps and u/l speeds of 15mbps. On wednesday afternoon however as had happened before the upgrade the speeds dropped to 1.1mbps, d/l/u/l respectively. I proceeded to reboot the modem and the new speeds returned again.
On thursday morning, I write this post as when performing the speedtest again the same thing happened. I proceeded to carry out BT's speedchecker instead of rebooting this time and got up untill taptest 3 and I could go no furthuer (problem changing username). The test did however show max attainable speed of 76mbps d/l and 20mbps u/l.
Can anyone tell me why the HH3 is dropping speeds after 12 or so hours? I am also worried these constant reboots will cause the DSLAM to lower my ip profile. 😞
I didn't think there was a stabalisation period for FTTC. 😮 Will my reboots have an adverse effect or will I be ok if I leave the line from now on?
Okay so its happened again, d/l speeds of 1.1mbps and u/l speeds of 1.1mbps. Am I to just leave it like this?
Over wireless I am getting 18mbps d/l and 15mbps u/l like before the slow down however d/l speeds are fluctuating.
I think my flucautating d/l speeds as well as the drop in both d/l and u/l speed with regard to the wired connection could be because of a faulty gigabit port on the HH3 as the regular 10/100 mbps port I have been using since this morning has produced consistand 74mbps d/l and 15mbps u/l speeds since. I will have to wait to see if it survives the speed drop which usually happens every 12 hours so I'll keep you updated.
Af far as the wireless connection I believe the fluctuating d/l speeds are due to interference from someone/something on my channel, so I may change it soon and see. As mentioned before however wireless speeds are never effected by this drop in speed every 12 or so hours so I believe my suspicions may be correct.
If I am right it is kind of strange the gigabit port only became faulty on monday and never really before then, anyway I'll try and keep you updated.
Okay so it appears that my incling was wrong to a degree as the speed has again dropped, roughly 12 hours later.