Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevebailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 69

Re: BT Infinity 2 - Speed not as promised

Go to solution

In fact, having just read the small print BT themselves are saying the following:

The range is an indication of the speed that other similar lines across the UK have achieved for their broadband service; this is generally within 1-2 Mb higher or lower than your single estimated speed quoted.

So am I bet waiting on here for a mod to help out or contacting Bt again and asking them to look into the issue further?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 69

Go to solution
you have to fill in the form to contact the mods https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
there could be fault on your line as your so far off the estimate so you could raise a fault with the call center and they should send out an engineer
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 69

Go to solution

The actual speed can be affected by individual line quality
if you use this checker you will see further information http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

This is the infrmation it gave for my line 

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 66Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.

0 Ratings
stevebailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 69

Go to solution

Thanks both, i got the same resultd with that test on the line as well:

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 68.8Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.

I will follow the link and raise it with the mods.

Many Thanks for your help.

Cheers

0 Ratings
billy06
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 69

Go to solution

you should have gone with sky 40mb and saved yourself a fortune

0 Ratings
IcEmAn911
Beginner
Message 16 of 69

Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently having the same issue as you.

I was quoted the following:
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 52.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 15.7Mbps.

Yet this is what I receive:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 35.9 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.36 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 38.36 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 5.11Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

I had BT Infinity 2 installed last Tuesday and today is the tenth day and my sync speed/bras has NEVER changed! The IP Profile has always been the same!

I am not complaining but I am roughly 10mb out and I keep thinking back to your analogy about short changing someone...

Is this correct?! 10mb is an awful lot to be out on compared to the estimated speed.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 69

Go to solution

the speed you get does depend on line condition and regardless of any type of broadband service actual speeds are never seen till a line goes live

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 18 of 69

Go to solution
Even FTTP has an up to speed. Which I under stand is to cover the small possibility of not herring exactly the speed quoted, and to allow for congestion.
0 Ratings
janecallaghan
Beginner
Message 19 of 69

Go to solution

I've had exactly the same experience. The estimate was 47mb; I'm getting 32/33. It's supposed to be 'up to 76.' I think a common sense interpretation of "up to 76" would be perhaps 70 or at the very least 67/68. It certainly isn't 32!

This only makes sense in the crazy world of ISPs.

Imagine if when you next visit a petrol station you find that you've been given half a tank even though you've paid for a full tank. When you complain you're told that the pump isn't working properly -  but never mind, that's life! Better luck next time!

Earlier this year I had a series of engineers visit my house in an endeavour to increase the speed. They all reported that there were no problems. So the only conclusion is that the service cannot deliver what BT is advertising. I don't understand why they (and the other ISPs with their products) are allowed to do this. If this was the USA a class-action law suit for breach of contract would have started by now. 

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 20 of 69

Go to solution
upto 76 means you get between zero and 76
you do
0 Ratings