Go to solution
Rude but true.
0 Ratings
stevebailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 69

Re: BT Infinity 2 - Speed not as promised

Go to solution

Well all sorted, no thanks to Bullitt telling us all that its an estimate and tough luck if you get 1mb on an up to 76mb link.

Engineer visited, the previous engineer who installed the kit had piggy backed the houses interiotr cat5 cabling, that unfortunately by the time it got to the port I was using was running close to the 100 metre limit of cabling.

Dicsonnected the cabling at the main port and installed a data forwarder, now getting 65mb down and 15/16 up on my estimated 68.8/20.

More than happy, my IP profile states 74.3mb up and 20mb down so the moral of this is, dont listen to Bullitt, get a case logged with the BT guys on here and they will do everything they can to help you, sometimes there is an issue and if you try hard enough, you get it sorted.

Thanks everyone except Bullitt for their help, pointed me in the right direction as asked and problem solved as hoped.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 63 of 69

Go to solution
as i said in the first reply the speed depends on the phone wiring type and the length of it
0 Ratings
stevebailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 69

Go to solution

No you said the wiring type and length to the cabinet, this was not or never was the issue, the junction box is 170 yards from my house and the exchange 1 mile from the junction box.

The issue was not installing it correctly and piggy backing the internal wiring in the house, but hey, thanks for playing better luck next time.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 65 of 69

Go to solution
yes the wiring type and the length of it from the modem to the cabinet as you have confirmed
0 Ratings
stevebailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 69

Go to solution

No the main BT socket in the house, the cabling in the house, sweet FA to do with any factors outside of the house........................ARGH you are the most annoying **** I have ever met on a forum.

You are wrong, you were wrong, so leave it, you were of no help, just think you know everything!!! No doubt some 'network' engineer somewhere who braindumps his was through Microsoft and Cisco exams yet couldn't subnet for his life!!!

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 67 of 69

Go to solution
the internal wiring can introduce noise just as the external cable can
the difference is that your responsible for the internal wiring and openreach are responsible for the external cable
0 Ratings
stevebailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 69

Go to solution

**** off, seriously, just go away, you have not got a clue.......

The route was knocking on for 100 metres of CAT5 cabling before hitting the HomeHub.......with no router in the way the throughput was stretched, it has nothing to do with noise on the line you *** it's simple cabling limits!!!

ARRGHHHH! I give up, you are the oracle, the rest of us are obviously wrong..........douche!

0 Ratings
ChristopherP
Moderator-Retired
Message 69 of 69

Go to solution
I am locking this thread as it is serving no purpose anymore. If anyone has a problem with their estimate vs connection speed, please fill out the contact us form in the about me section of my profile and we will look into it for you.

Cheers,
Chris.
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.