cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jussa21
Contributor
Message 21 of 42

Re: BT Infinity 2 Upgrade Question

Have sent them speed tests and now I have a ongoing fault on my bt web site this has been since 24/4/12 not sure how long it will take them to sort it but I think so many people are having problems I mite take a bit of time does say on my email that if nothing is done in 7 day call again
0 Ratings
flamey
Contributor
Message 22 of 42

ah, if you were getting identical speeds before its very unlikely you would see an increase as you need to be hitting or close to the max of 37mb before the change - in essence the upgrade just releases the cap.

This means the BT estimate was likely wrong so you would have to attempt to argue on this basis if you want the contract reverted.

0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 23 of 42

only 20mbit out lol, thanks guys, will see how it goes in ten days

0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 24 of 42

Update, almost 24 hours on and no speed increase, Now i have to wait 9 days, I contacted BT via twitter and they said it will increase over the next ten days, I seriously doubt this is true and even if it does im sure it wont go up the 21mbits bt quoted if ive seen no increase in 24 hours... really not impressed to be honest.

0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 25 of 42

I was getting full speed before update 38/8 all the time now I think I should get close to the est of 55/15 but I am not if anything it is slower now than be for upgrade
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 26 of 42

hmmm sorry to hear that, My speed still hasnt moved btw, spoken to bt a few times on twitter and they tell me everyones line is different and my speed could still go up by the extra 21mbit they showed... I am not too optimistic to be honest, no movement in 36 hours but a magic 20mbit jump in the next week? doubt it.

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 27 of 42

Have heard of people's profiles rising a lot over the last few days, a friend of mine went from nearly 50MB to 70MB in about 4 days. Not impossible by all accounts.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 28 of 42

ok, well i have to admit i dont know a lot but it just seemed unlikely but fingers crossed, i hope you are right! 🙂 ty

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 29 of 42

Never say never buddy, i'm hope im right too HAHAHA 😄
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
r2p
Beginner
Message 30 of 42

Ok got infinity 2 upgrade on 26th fron infinity 1 speed went from 38mb/s on infinity 1 to 1Mb/s on infinity 2 yes thats correct was angry as had booked a day off to attend appointment to which bt didnt arrive. Talked to support in India who advised wait 10 days and took mobile number in case got cut off.......Click.........no call back. Tried the following morning very similar thing took mobile number .....click.... no callback.  So went strait to complaints and escallated, the young lady was most helful and called me back twice to give updates and advise an there would be and appointment made to see what was the problem. Today and engineer arrived ( without  appointment ) and after 4 hours work had fixed a problem in the cabinet and to the wiring to the master socket. Download speed now 53 Mb/s upload 19Mb/s ( thanks mr engineer) After indepth discussions please take the following on board 1. the 10 day setteling time from Bt is rubbish, it may help improve a good line but it cannot fix a faulty line. 2. This is a sofware update at the cabinet ( Infinity was designed to operate at 100Mb/s). 3. This update will expose any underlying problems in the twisted pair to the Cabinet. 4. Dont accept the wait 10 days line your paying for it get it and COMPLAIN.

0 Ratings