cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 42

BT Infinity 2 Upgrade Question

I ordered an upgrade to infinity 2 on Tuesday. Shortly after I placed the order I received an email to say my activation would take place by midnight tonight (Friday 27th).

I have been tracking the order and its status now says com
0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: BT Infinity 2 Upgrade Question

So what's your question? 😛
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 3 of 42

I ordered an upgrade to infinity 2 on Tuesday. Shortly after I placed the order I received an email to say my activation would take place by midnight tonight (Friday 27th).

I have been tracking the order and its status now says complete but my line speed is still the same 24mb down and 3.5 up. The check said I should get 44mb down and 8 up.

After the order tracking says complete is there something else that needs to happen at BT end or is there a delay normally?

Sorry for messed up post, im posting on my phone and don't seem to be able to edit a post.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 42

Well officially there's a 10 day stabilisation period.

Can you run a rest at www.speedtester.bt.com using the ADSL/FTTC speedtest and post what your IP profile is.

Are you running your connection wired or wirelessly?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 5 of 42

I can do that later, I'm at work now and my wife is checking via speedtest.net but I think anything other than that may be asking too much 🙂
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 6 of 42

Wired Ethernet btw sorry
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Ok I think I'll reboot equipment when I get home at five. See what happens. Just wanted to confirm if there is an issue or not so I can get wheels moving tonight rather than Monday. Thanks
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Either way mate even if there has been no increase BT won't do anything for the first 10 days.
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 9 of 42

I understand that but I was given an estimate of 44mb which is almost double what I get now and I doubt the ten days stablelisation period will get it anywhere near that if I have seen no increase initially.

I know it was just an estimate but 20mbit increase to 44mb down to Zero increase is one heck of a jump.

Will see how it goes I guess, thanks
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

You're probably right it won't do anything but BT won't do anything inside those 10 days.
0 Ratings