Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: BT Infinity 2 Upgrade Question

@SpencerJ wrote:
I have been tracking the order and its status now says complete but my line speed is still the same 24mb down and 3.5 up. The check said I should get 44mb down and 8 up.

When my Infinity 2 was upgraded exactly a week ago today I had the same thing - my upload speed had increased but download didnt change so I turned of the OR modem & HH3 together, powered back up the OR modem waited till the DSL light came on then powered up the HH3 and that saw my line change.

I'm not sure if this is the official route to take but have read a few posts on this forum detailing that what others had to do.... Good luck!

0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 12 of 42

I got my wife to do this but an hour later it was the same, how long before you saw a change? Ty for the reply btw
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 13 of 42

Ok, im home and speedtest.net reports about 24.5mbit down and about 3.5mbit up, this is the same as it has been for months, no increase at all. I did do a speedtester.bt.com test and it said download speed was 20mbit and upload was the same as speedtest.net, The bottom result (cant remember the name) said 24.x mbit, I tried to run another but have to wait a while before i can, so bottom line is this...

My order was placed on tuesday, the estimate was (and still is) 44mbit down and 8mbit up, The activation date was by midnight tonight but when I checked mid morning it said Status: Complete.

I have reset the modem and HH3 as recommended but still the same.

I am getting 24mbit down and 3.5mbit up as i have been for months

BT say upgrade is complete, No speed increase at all. Not happy.

0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 14 of 42

estimate.jpg

0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 15 of 42

and the actual result....

test2.jpg

0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 16 of 42

Just to confirm, this screenshot means its completed from BT's point of view right? It says completed but still says up to midnight tonight so im a little confused....

date.jpg

0 Ratings
flamey
Contributor
Message 17 of 42

What was your profile/speeds before the upgrade?
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 18 of 42

I didnt use the official tester before the upgrade but speeds using speedtest.net were almost identical. I am happy with the speed to be honest but the fact is they quoted 44mbit down and 8up as you can see and that was the key factor in my decision to renew for 18 months.... if i cant get a speed increase then I am not willing to sign up and commit for another year and a half.

0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 19 of 42

I have had the same problem since 13/4/12 you will have to wait ten days then call bt and report a fault
0 Ratings
SpencerJ
Contributor
Message 20 of 42

so, your ten days have passed so I assume you have spoken to them regarding your issue, what was their reply?

0 Ratings