cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durmz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 202

Re: BT Infinity 2 WAN Connection Dead

In the same boat here, disconnected the same day, I’m within contract, my neighbours internet is fine, PPPoE time out on the 23rd of December. Been told its a problem at the address, have an engineer coming Tuesday, not hopeful. Had approx 10 phone calls with BT, been promised an engineer three times, absolute **bleep** show
0 Ratings
megadam
Contributor
Message 72 of 202

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi @megadam,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry its been so difficult getting your service repaired. I'm not aware of any common issues that could be affecting your connection. I would like to take a look at what is happening with your fault. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

PM'ed you Paddy

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 73 of 202

I hope you mean you have clicked on the 'contact the mods' link and completed the form, mods don't respond to PMs

0 Ratings
megadam
Contributor
Message 74 of 202

I've done that now! I'm using a BT WiFi hotspot and sadly it's slow and the connection is spotty which means webpages sometimes don't load all of the content and I couldn't see that link on the Mod's page!
0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 202

Tried to make an official complaint to BT about this but it seems their call centre couldn't fathom I didn't want an another engineer visit when I have another booked so put the phone down.
0 Ratings
mrial
Contributor
Message 76 of 202

I've had to buy a 3g mobile broadband mifi thing for £25 on the 24th just so I could have some connection over Xmas and since then I've had to top up £20 will bt cover these expenses???
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 202

@mrial wrote:
I've had to buy a 3g mobile broadband mifi thing for £25 on the 24th just so I could have some connection over Xmas and since then I've had to top up £20 will bt cover these expenses???

I doubt it.

0 Ratings
davidfarquhar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 202

This seems very similar to the problems I am having.. hope there is a fix soon.  Mine went down at 1pm on the 23rd like the OP

0 Ratings
Achaddy
Contributor
Message 79 of 202

PADDYB,

I don’t think you have any clue what frustrations we are dealing with.  We have clearly stated that engineers have been on site and found no fault with the line or equipment. All faults have occurred at the same time, with the same symptom. You do not need to be a Rocket Scientist to join the dots!!!

So far on this thread or 1 other the people affected are by forum username:

Davidfarquhar
megadam
achaddy (me)
Mike_Turner
radiumrob
Codescribe
Mrial
ReadJono
durmz

You have kindly offered to look into megadams issue as if it was a unique issue that has been the approach for all of these cases. However, YOU have completely missed the other people in this thread that are experiencing the EXACTLTY the same problem, which had surfaced at EXACTLY the same TIME and DATE. Do not tell me this is a coincidence. I will use a Freedom of information act to make sure I get the full disclosure of the impact of the change carried just before Christmas. I will also be writing to my MP Ed Vaizey who was the minister for digital **bleep**!

I have spoken to 2nd line people who do not have a clue what is going on. I do not believe it is their fault, they have not been told of a change which has happened just before XMAS for many customers. And the people who made the change have f**ked off on holiday to leave us customers who pay £55 odd a month for internet to whaler in our digital silence.

PaddyB…. What are you going to do about it for all of us!!!!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 80 of 202

Just so that you don't waste your time, Freedom of Information does not apply to private companies and as BT is a private company they do not need to comply with any such requests.