cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durmz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 202

Re: BT Infinity 2 WAN Connection Dead

Well, my internet just turned back on an hour ago. No scheduled visit, theres not been anyone at my cupboard. Still scheduled for an engineer to do a home visit tomorrow. Certainly proves there was nothing wrong at my end, despite what they said. Unbelievable. Now I need to seek renumeracy for the time it was off.
0 Ratings
Adam86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 132 of 202

Doesn't seem to be any change at my parents at the moment.

What will happen with your engineer visit I wonder? as they told us the appointment could only be cancelled up until 2pm the previous day. If an engineer turns up does that mean we are going to be facing a £130 fee!?
0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 133 of 202

Although am I right in thinking BT acknowledged a problem on the line, durmz? BT haven't been able to find any issues for me.
0 Ratings
durmz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 134 of 202

@Adam86, good luck with that 😂😂😂 I’m the one seeking compensation, not the other way around.

I’m tempted to keep the visit, our other two sockets are fubarred by the previous owner, tempted to have them come anyway and I’ll pay the fee for new boxes
0 Ratings
durmz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 202

@readjono.

I’ve honestly lost track. First it was an area fault, then it was at the exchange, then it was within my property. They haven’t had a single clue since this all started and I’d highly doubt they even know someones fixed it
0 Ratings
Achaddy
Contributor
Message 136 of 202

Hi @gg30340

I am 100% with megadam on this one.

What is frustrating is the insistence in going down the same path over and over again. In fact by the end of all this I think they will have built a brand new exchange in my town, dug up the road and laid new cable and installed a new cab in the street. All for what is probably a software or hardware issue in the BT datacenter.
My biggest issue is with the escalation flow which doesn’t seem to exist. Yes, India or Dublin don’t have the tools to diagnose this properly but if everything checks out okay, then escalate it. Don’t keep going over the same ground. I do not have a line issue, there is nothing wrong with my line so why keep trying to fix the line fault.
The openreach engineer who attended my house 48 hours after this First happened to me knew what the problem was, had already demonstrated a fix with a previous customer, knew he couldn’t fix it and knew it wasn’t a line issue. Why is this not getting back to the people who can really fix this.
Ther are probably loads more people out there who have been affected by this but haven’t found their way to this forum or don’t have the internet to do so. Myself I am lucky to have a good mobile data plan but a fault occurring exactly the same time for a number of people in geographically different areas is not just your random it happens type of fault. It’s linked and BT are not joining the dots.
Thanks for the FOI tip. Been working in government for too long where transparency is all.
0 Ratings
Achaddy
Contributor
Message 137 of 202

I’m still down,
Happy new year to everyone by the way.
So yesterday the wife cleaned the house so it would be clean all year, went shopping so we had food all year, got booze we we would have booze all year and made us happy so we would be happy all year.
So does this mean I will have no Broadband all year?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 138 of 202

Achaddy

Perhaps I have not made myself clear.

I am not in any shape or form defending BT Customer Service or their way of dealing with this or any other problems. As i said, that is for BT to sort out.

I was only trying to point out to posters on this thread or those reading this thread not to assume that they have the same problem just because their broadband is down. As regards my suggestion about carrying out the basic fault finding diagnostics, I was referring to the ones that are recommend by the forum users, not customer services.

Without doing that they might be jumping to the wrong conclusion and in the end find that their problem is entirely different and it may have been resolved earlier than waiting for the moderator to report back on this thread with something that might not be relevant to their problem.

Achaddy
Contributor
Message 139 of 202

Hi gg30340

Fair point, people mustn’t jump to the conclusion and need to do the checks etc. Information is good but sometimes bad.
0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 140 of 202

My HH5 is going pretty crazy today - seems to be going green, blue and orange repeatedly over the last hour.

0 Ratings