cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saambell1996
Beginner
Message 141 of 202

Re: BT Infinity 2 WAN Connection Dead

Mine is doing the same thing, is their a fix in progress?
0 Ratings
Achaddy
Contributor
Message 142 of 202

0 Ratings
radiumrob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 202

An engineer was due to resolve this at the exchange today. Still have a solid orange light but also a laughable message in gibberish from India thanking us that our fault has been dealt with by the relevant team and our case had been closed. Thanks BT. Unbelievable. Still no internet yet written us off their books. What made the guy in India think our case was resolved? A hunch? Wishful thinking?
0 Ratings
Alexbarbour
Beginner
Message 144 of 202

So have BT actually made a statement on this or are they doing the usual "NOPE NOT US, YOU PLUGGED IN A FRIDGE AND BROKE IT. ALL 10000 OF YOU ON THE 29nth!".

It frustrates me to no end being ignored as well blamed for an issue that is blatantly on their end. The worst part is I don't even know if they're truly aware of the issue because they seem yet to admit it exists.

Honestly I don't know why I've put up with this **bleep** year after year, think it's finally time to switch ISP.
0 Ratings
Amb93
Beginner
Message 145 of 202

@PaddyB virtually the same issue as @drwwphotoboy, home hub 4 and a different modem aside, the timing and issue is identical.

Tried every fix multiple times, gone on circles with support and have an engineer scheduled for Thursday though they won't be able to do anything I imagine...
0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 146 of 202

I've woke up to a blue light and the return of internet... on the same day BT presumably returned to work. Went live again around 8.40am

Surprised to see no one else has reported the same.

0 Ratings
Adam86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 147 of 202

My parents connection is still dead this morning.

0 Ratings
Mike_Turner
Contributor
Message 148 of 202

My connection is still down, too.

But the fact that some connections have come back is reassuring. It shows that somebody somewhere has some idea of the cause.

0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 149 of 202

Yes perhaps it's a manual fix for us all but the fact it was fixed the moment you'd expect someone to arrive in the office suggests it's probably not coincidental. 

EDIT: After an hour it's gone down briefly again. Spoke too soon. Message in log was 'OpenRG will go down for reboot in 5 seconds'. It's back again, still getting more internet than I've had all Christmas.

0 Ratings
radiumrob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 150 of 202

Solid orange again this morning. I called the UK broadband for a update, which they got from Wholesale. Nothing was scheduled to be done yesterday so the Indian messages were just random utterances.

Wholesale has an Engineer booked to an external task for the whole of 2 Jan to investigate. External could be at the exchange or the cabinet.

The wheels are grinding, but oh so slowly.
0 Ratings