cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Codescribe
Beginner
Message 151 of 202

Re: BT Infinity 2 WAN Connection Dead

My wife say the internet is working again now. It was not at 07:00 when I left for work but sometime between then and now the issue appears to be fixed.
0 Ratings
drwwphotoboy
Beginner
Message 152 of 202

@Keith_Beddoe@PaddyB

Update

When I left home at 9am my Broadband was still flashing purple light and NO connection (HH3)

Been this was since first thing on 29th.

Engineer due Friday Morning.

Thanks

PROBLEM - BT Infinity broadband stopped working first thing on Dec 29th / Modem Shows purple flashing light / Power and WiFi show Blue lights / White infinity box shows Power and DSL lights green / Lan1 light is green but flashes every few seconds / Phone working / Line clean without interference / No issues in area.

SETUP - BT Hub 3 + White Openreach infinity box into double main socket with built in Filter

TESTING UNDERTAKEN - Switched everything off, wait 15 min and restart / Rebooted Home Hub / Factory reset Home Hub / Reset white infinity box / Tried alternative cable from Home Hub to white infinity box / Removed lower half of socket to reveal 'test socket' and connected DSL lead direct to this using alternative filter / Connected computer direct to Infinity Box via ethernet socket and attempted to set up PPPeO but "Could Not Find a PPPeO Server".

0 Ratings
drwwphotoboy
Beginner
Message 153 of 202

@radiumrob

Hi

When you say you called UK Broadband - what number did you use ??

Did you avoid scripted helpers and actually talk to someone who understood issue ??

Thanks

0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 154 of 202

Looks like they're slowly getting round everyone.

0 Ratings
Saambell1996
Beginner
Message 155 of 202

Anyone's internet back on yet :)?
0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 156 of 202

A couple of us as per the last few posts. I guess it all dropped in batches so they've got to fix it in batches!
0 Ratings
radiumrob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 157 of 202

0800 111 4567 always gets me a UK operator who can interrogate the BT Wholesale database which gets updated at 1000 each day.

Update - just had a call from a Engineer who is scheduled to do the external work (cabinet/exchange) tomorrow; he is visiting our house in a bit 30 mins...
0 Ratings
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 202

Spoke to BT but there aren't any new notes to explain what action was taken to resolve it. She suspected it might just be a problem on the network.
0 Ratings
radiumrob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 159 of 202

Sorted by the visiting Openreach Engineer by phone to BT Wholesale. The line quality was fine, as we knew, syncing at 58 Mbps but the router failed to authenticate. The Wholesale guy made a software change which enabled connection to be made and the long awaited blue light to appear.

So, no line fault, although the Engineer's notes diagnosed a split pair fault between the premises and the cabinet. The Engineer couldn't tell me what change was made so I can't offer any more advice but perhaps Paddy, who called during the visit, might be able to elicit something from the records that might help others.

Thanks for the call and assistance Paddy. I hope things get resolved for everyone soon.
davidfarquhar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 202

Ours is now working, so its become fixed in the last hour or so

Many thanks to those involved in fixing it

0 Ratings