Message 161 of 202

Re: BT Infinity 2 WAN Connection Dead

Still no joy here 😞
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 162 of 202

No change still for my parents.

Engineer still booked in to visit the house tomorrow morning. No idea what that will achieve as yet. Not heard anything else from BT since speaking with them on Friday afternoon.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 163 of 202

Blue light and internet back on!

Thanks to PaddyB for the call and making sure i was back online.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 202

Hi All,

Thank you to those of you that took my call today. I’m really glad to hear that most of you are back online.  

I know that some of you haven't had a chance to test and I’ll follow up with you again tomorrow.

Having looked at the issue and tested a number of connections, it would be very difficult to confirm the issue as common fault. There were a number of different locations and start date of the issue were different for a number of users as well. This is not an issue I've come across before and to be honest is one I’ve done a lot of head scratching over.

I'm really sorry to those of you who were left without connection over Christmas and New Year.

@Adam86, I understand that you have an engineer visit due for tomorrow. The engineer should be able to resolve the issue. Please can you post back and let me know the outcome of that visit?

@Amb93, I'm sorry you haven't been able to connect to the internet. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Beginner
Message 165 of 202

Hi @PaddyB, sorry I was busy this afternoon and my phone was on silent. My internet came back on at about 8:50 this morning. All seems to be working correctly now. Thanks for getting this sorted.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 166 of 202

Hi Paddy, I can confirm I am back online. Thanks for the attention in sorting this.
Still look forward to your call tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 167 of 202

Another one here who lost his connection for the new year. I didn't get a fridge for Xmas, so ruled that theory out
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 168 of 202

The engineer has been, and everything is working again.

He did all the usual things, and was going to do a "Lift and Shift", but found that my port in the cabinet had been disabled. He had it re-enabled, and everything is now working properly.

Thank you to Paddy for arranging for things to get sorted.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 169 of 202

@PaddyB, BT Engineer came out at 8:30 this morning to parent house.

Spent a long time pulling his hair out and all line tests checked out absolutely spot on.

Mentioned something about ringing through to a certain department but been on hold for a long time.  He nipped up to the cabinet and came back 15 minutes later.

He said that he did nothing in the cabinet as all looked fine, he got through to this certain department and after a couple of minutes the router connected to the internet.  When we asked him what was wrong all he said was they had done a reset on the line and its an issue popping up all over the country with ECI Cabinets.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 170 of 202

Engineer was round this morning and has sorted the issue. After running around for an hour it turns out there could be a potential issue with the ECI cabinets. I think he had made a call and had our details and connection refreshed and that seems to have sorted it (For now at least!)

0 Ratings