cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacknatives
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 2 Wireless Extremely slow and unreliable, wired connection fine.

I have a BT Home Hub 5 and Infinity 2. I'm getting a fast, reliable, constant connection on my wired desktop computer but devices connected wirelessly are slow and unreliable.

I get about 75mb download speed and 18mb upload speed with the wired connection and about 10mb download and 18 upload wirelessly (this gets worse in peak times). 

I struggle to stream a YouTube video on an iPhone in the evening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 2 Wireless Extremely slow and unreliable, wired connection fine.

Hi @jacknatives and thanks for posting.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Take a look at How do I change the wireless channel on my BT Hub? and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jacknatives
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 2 Wireless Extremely slow and unreliable, wired connection fine.

Hi David, thanks for the response, i've tried changing the channel and no difference unfortunately.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 5

Hi @jacknatives,

Take a look at the following link:

How do I split my BT Hub's SSID

It will tell you how you can split your wireless network to broadcast the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz network. Try connecting your iPhone to each network to see if either of them works better.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
jacknatives
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Daniel but unfortunately i've already split my wireless network in this way!

0 Ratings