Just had BT Infinity 2 installed (2nd May) and so far pleased with speeds etc.
My major problem now is since the install I have had severe problems with 2 of my 3 BT email accounts. At least once a day I am having to use BT Help to fix password issues with 2 accounts.This morning i have had to do it 3 times and it is now annoying the hell out of me.
When i log on though outlook and try to download mail i get the following error message.
Task '****** mail account - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.'
I have changed the account name.
Does anyone have any ideas as to my problem. There seems to have intermittent issues over the last years with similar problems but i have never had any issues until getting BT Infinity 2.
If someone could offer advice or help i would be extremely grateful.
Yes me too.
I followed the repair procedures and changed the password, the system came back OK for about 30 minutes. I then called the helpline and the call centre engineer talked me through the same procedure! Still the same.
I changed the password again yesterday to something completely different, and the system worked OK for 30 minutes. I did it again this morning and again it worked for 30 minutes.
As I have followed the installation instructions to the letter, and the problem appears on both my computers (main and sub-account), I think the issue is likely to be at the BT end. I was previously with Orange and had a similar problem once before, but it came and went within a week, so I can only assume it was at the mail server.
I am in the Reading area if this is of any use.
As an update.
I have spent another two sessions with our friends in India today. The problem was escalated from a first to a second line level, and there does appear to be a way around this.
After checking that all your basic e-mail account settings are correct, try this:-
Go to the "Advanced" tab (the one where the POP3 settings are)
Move the server timeout slider and increase the timeout to somewhere around 4 minutes
Save these settings and see if the problem goes away.
It seems to have worked for me so far....... (touch wood!)