Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity 2 and Email

Hi Everyone.

Just had BT Infinity 2 installed (2nd May) and so far pleased with speeds etc.

My major problem now is since the install I have had severe problems with 2 of my 3 BT email accounts. At least once a day I am having to use BT Help to fix password issues with 2 accounts.This morning i have had to do it 3 times and it is now annoying the hell out of me.

When i log on though outlook and try to download mail i get the following error message.

Task '****** mail account - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.'

I have changed the account name.

Does anyone have any ideas as to my problem. There seems to have intermittent issues over the last years with similar problems but i have never had any issues until getting BT Infinity 2.

If someone could offer advice or help i would be extremely grateful.

Cheers

Colin

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity 2 and Email

Yes me too. 

I followed the repair procedures and changed the password, the system came back OK for about 30 minutes.  I then called the helpline and the call centre engineer talked me through the same procedure!  Still the same.

I changed the password again yesterday to something completely different, and the system worked OK for 30 minutes.  I did it again this morning and again it worked for 30 minutes.

As I have followed the installation instructions to the letter, and the problem appears on both my computers (main and sub-account), I think the issue is likely to be at the BT end.  I was previously with Orange and had a similar problem once before, but it came and went within a week, so I can only assume it was at the mail server.

I am in the Reading area if this is of any use.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity 2 and Email

As an update.

I have spent another two sessions with our friends in India today.  The problem was escalated from a first to a second line level, and there does appear to be a way around this.

After checking that all your basic e-mail account settings are correct, try this:-

Go to the "Advanced" tab (the one where the POP3 settings are)

Move the server timeout slider and increase the timeout to somewhere around 4 minutes

Save these settings and see if the problem goes away.

It seems to have worked for me so far....... (touch wood!)

0 Ratings