cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT Infinity 2 installation fiasco

I moved into a new property and booked a new phone line with BT Infinity 2 on the 22nd of April , installation date set for 7th of May ( 8.30-1pm)

Engineer turned up at 12.00pm, inspected the master socket and then told me he was going to check the pole and would be back soon, this was at 12.30pm, never saw him again. Come 16.30pm I get a text message from BT saying the installation would'nt go ahead and to phone for another appointment. So I phoned them up to ask why the installation had been cancelled and to make another appointment. Engineer notes state 'no access to pole' and the next date offered was the 22nd of May.

I Told them I wasn't happy at all, one at the fact the engineer did not even bother coming back to inform me of the issue and secondly that the next date was over 2 weeks later. If the engineer had come back at least I could have returned to work and not lost a full days wages.  

On a positive note, the customer service person to appareciate my complaint and escalated the issue with another engineer coming out on the 12th of May. The problem is that he said he couldn't get access to the DP up the pole due to branches and BT would need to send a letter out to the home owners and ask If they could fell the branches that were covering the DP box. He was annoyed the previous engineer's notes didn't mention the branches at all.

Speaking with customer services again, I was told that could take between 2-4 weeks to get this issue resolved so I resigned myself to being without the service for a good while. Then today ( 25/5 ) out of the blue today  an engineer turns up, no prior notes about the previous issues just a note to say a fault is on the line. Pops up the pole, the branches don't seem to phase him and then landline's connected and tested in about 20 minutes.  He advises me to contact the sales team to escalate the Infinity install.

Have to say so far I'm appalled at the level of service from BT. It's taken three visits, two full days of lost pay and over a month to actually get a phone connected and then I'm still waiting for my Infinity 2 to be connected up.  

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Infinity 2 installation fiasco

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 19

Hi Almondslice,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Really sorry to read of the poor experience that you have had with BT.  I am pleased you have a working phone service now but appreciate we need to get Infinity to you as soon as possible.  This is something that I can help with.

Please drop me an email.  If you click on my username (SeanD), you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  If you could included any account details you may have, if you dont have this info then please give me your order reference number so that I can locate your account.  Once I have you details I can gets things moved along with the broadband activation.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Thank you Sean

I have contacted you via the mods link with the relevant details. Initially prior to the unannounced visit by the engineer today I was due to receive a call from the escalation team on the the Tuesday the 27th. If you can do anything to progress or escalate the BT Infinity order It would be greatly apprecaited.

Sincerely Yours.

0 Ratings
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

I'm actually having to spend my time chasing up this issue, which really is not good enough. After speaking to someone and expalining my line has now been connected I've to wait for the 'offline' team to phone me, at an expected time of 6 p.m. So It looks likely that I will not be getting a visit from an engineer today then.

It would be good If my situation was taken seriously and I'm not met with what seems like a constant apathy. It's a joke.

0 Ratings
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

So further to the fiasco above, I was given a fresh installation date for today the 4th of June. Around a week after the last time I was contacted.

12.30pm, no sign of an engineer so I contact customer service who mentions the engineer is due today between 8-1pm. I voice my concerns and get him to understand my situation particularly seeing as It's now been nearly 7 weeks since my order. 

He goes off and contacts the engineering team, comes back and informs me there's been a misunderstanding and the engineers will be out tomorrow, he promises me that. I respond saying BT word means nothing to me, this will be engineer appointment number 5!!

I'm left absolutely raging, the incompetence is unreal and I've never dealt with a company this bad in my life.

0 Ratings
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Finally I get my Fibre connected after:

• 7 weeks since placing the order
  • 5 appointments
  • 4 Engineers
  • 2 full days of lost wages and 1 morning lost due to a non-show.

My order was for BT Infinity 2 , quoted at ( confirmed again with the order email )

• 56Mb-76Mb download
  • 17.4Mb-20.00Mb upload.

What do I actually get

• 28Mb  download
  • 5 Mb upload

The way the whole thing has played out the resulting speeds don't come as a surprise really. Interestingly enough the engineer said I was on a 40/10 network and not an 80/20 so I would never achieve the quoted speeds.  Funny then how I've been mis-sold BT Infinity 2  and currently down to pay for that service.

All in all, a farce from start to finish.

0 Ratings
PaulK
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 19

Hi almondslice,

I am glad to hear that your Infinity is up and running now, i can see that your case handler is due to contact you later today so i have informed them of the issue surrounding your speed and package so they will get this investigated and resolved.

Kind regards

PaulK

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account 🙂
0 Ratings
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Thanks for the reply Paul, yes I have a lot of points to discuss with my case handler.

0 Ratings
almondslice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Well, 8.20pm and no phone call from BT.

0 Ratings