cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GazzaBloom
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity 2, just started having connection drops over the last few days...here's what I've tried:

Been a Infinity 2 user without issue for well over a year. Changed from Homehub 3 with Openreach modem to Hohehub 5 in December 2015 and have had no issues for the last 6 months. 

Tis last weekend I have started to experience dropped connections every hour or 2 (red broadband light on router). Here's what I've tried and nothing has woerked to date:

1) Changed 'smart' wireless channels

2) Selected both 2.4GHz & 5GHz channels manually after scaning via Mac OSX Wi-Fi diagnostics and selcted channels no-one else is using

3) Removed HH5 and reinstalld HH3 with Openreach modem

4) Reverted back to HH5 and Decoupled 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID's and set up as seperate

The dropped connections are mostly the broadband signal being dropped as devices remain cinnected via Wi-Fi and I can access the confiuration page even with no outside connection, but, there have been some wi-fi drops as well, but these may be dies to the numberous times I have changs the wi-fi channels?

The BT phone line sounds a little cracklier and noisier than I remember via cordless handset (I don't use the phone that often!)

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Could it be a noisy line? I don't beleive it's a faulty router or connected equipment.

Here's some stats from the exchange:

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 10.01.56.png

And speed tests are good when I am connected:

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 10.08.19.png

And here's a log entry from a recent disconnection:

09:18:10, 09 Jun. ( 6405.410000) PTM over DSL is down after 104 minutes uptime
09:18:10, 09 Jun. ( 6405.410000) PPPoE is down after 103 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN Ethernet 2 -​ Down)]
09:18:07, 09 Jun. ( 6402.470000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Gazza

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity 2, just started having connection drops over the last few days...here's what I've tr

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone  if cordless then dull hum is normal

can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GazzaBloom
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Infinity 2, just started having connection drops over the last few days...here's what I've tr

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have disconnected the cordless phone and powered it down and have had no issues for over 3 hours now. It may be the phone causing the issue?

I will try this for 24 hours and see what happens, if I still get disconnects then I will try the quiet line test.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

it may be a good idea to buy a corded phone from likes of argos for just a few pounds and that way you can always check your line should problems arise later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings