cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liljojo
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity 2 less than intial estimations/Profile drop?

Hi there, I ordered BT Infinity 2 on the BT Website. Before ordering, I noticed that the initial estimations were between 38Mbps and 45Mbps hence why I chose Infinity Option 2. My Infinity went live on the 21st and I ran a couple of speed test as soon as I was connected. The highest I ever got was 35/36Mbps which was kind of disappointing bearing in mind I was aiming to get at least 40Mbps. If this is the maximum speed I can get, could I please switch my Infinity 2 back to Infinity 1 since 38Mbps is the max speed on I1 and this is what I am getting.

Furthermore, it has now been a couple of days since I got Infinity and I have noticed that ther has been a profile drop. My  "downstream" on the hub settings was around 38Mbps at first but has since gone down to 32Mbps.

Could you please let me know what has happened since the day my infinity went live?

Kind regards

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity 2 less than intial estimations/Profile drop?

This is a customer to customer forum, you're not talking to BT. You have to call the helpdesk for that.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
liljojo
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Oh right I understand. Has anyone else got problems with the Hub 5 though? It keeps disconnecting, I can't even use it for an hour straight. It is very irritating ! Do you think it's a problem with the hub or the new firmware I heard about ?
0 Ratings
liljojo
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

UP

Also, the test I ran on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ shows that my max achievable upload speed is 20 Mbps but I am only getting around 6, 7Max. Is that normal? 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 6

Yes that is normal, unfortunately ISP's do not prioritise upload speed, they only concentrate on download. Every Infinity 2 customer shows as 20Mb upload but none (or very few) get it.

How are you connecting wired or wireless?

0 Ratings
liljojo
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for your reply.
I am connecting wired for my computer and PS4 and wireless for my iPhone.
0 Ratings