cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Infinity 2 paid for but only getting Infinty 1 speed ?

BT Customers warnings....

I have been told that the Unlimited BT Infinity 2 which was fixed in 2 years at a speed of 60Mbps minim with Youview box, which has dropped to 40Mbps / 48Mbps over the last 2 weeks or more is the best that I can now get and that they will not tell me why I have dropped in speed over time and the Tech on the phone told me I would be better to switch down to BT Infinity 1 for I would get 40 Mbps at cheaper price , so asked to be put thought to have that done and they put me to a person to do that.

( I have about 100 yards of copper wire before going into fibre network box and under half mile walk from a BT exchange so why so low speed now ??? )

On the phone I was told to change my broadband downwards because they Infinity 2 is not fit for uses as only get 8Mbps more then Infinity 1, that I would have pay a fee as I am still in contract ? I asked when did they renew my contract as I never did and he said as you took on the BT Entertainment Max in May you re contracted then.

I told him that adverts said it was a free upgrade as BT was changing packages and adding channel to youview and there was no notice to say that you were taking on another years contract as was a thank you for being a customer at that time and they got extra few pounds any way ….

So as I have not only got the broadband trouble but my youview box will not record a internet show or season without a block images or a complete record falue

I told him then as they are going charge me for the bad service that I am getting, then I would like close all of my package BT phone with free calls all the time, Youview with Entertainment Max with Sky Movies & broadband too.

He told OK the price would mean you paying us for dropping the package.

I then asked him why he has not said sorry once after I told him all the troubles or even said that he could offer a discount on package or a one of payment to stop me from going to another service like other services can do ?

All he said then was that he could give me a new package as new customer which would be cheaper but it would mean a new contract to next September 2016 which has the lower broadband Infinity 1 …...

So BT does not care that a service can go lower as they just say it within terms …

So BT does not have a department to keep customers happy

So BT does not care if you just go ….

So I feel  very sad that after 40 years of being a BT phone customer and two years of Broadband & TV that has always paid my bills in full, I will be gone in May 2016........ Plus as BT has taken over T mobile / EE which I have been a customer for over 25 years I will move from them too as I feel the service and way I have been talk to by some over the week …

Very sad that BT do not care

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Infinity 2 paid for but only getting Infinty 1 speed ?

looking back at your previous posts your noise margin is very high as normal about 6db which is the cause of your lower connection speed  your speed should recover automatically as your noise margin reduces which should happen over a few weeks of stable 24/7 connection

is you hub still dropping connection as last stats showed connection time of <1day

can you post the stats from the hub helpdesk please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Sorry what data do you need ?

I feel the sound on the line may be part of the trouble but the other is the Hub 5 as my youview box internet recordings are blocky and some just do not record due to signal dropping out.

The hub also reboots about three times a week at different times and may be a reason for all my troubles ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

the hub stats - go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats please

is there noise on the quiet lin test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Connection speed 0Mbps
Download speed 48.1Mbps
Upload speed 13.5Mbps

is only data i got from BT help desk test and that hub is not there ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Sorry if you have a hh5 then go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ33802919
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 05/07/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 06:20:06
6. Data rate: 19999 / 51645
7. Maximum data rate: 23166 / 70145
8. Noise margin: 14.6 / 10.4
9. Line attenuation: 20.0 / 16.5
10. Signal attenuation: 19.7 / 16.5
11. Data sent/received: 149.8 MB / 964.5 MB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-296F
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-296F
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 18:62:2c:15:8d:78
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Your connection time is only 6hrs is that due to router dropping connection or manual reset ?

your noise margin is high at 10db suggesting a line problem which is probably due to the noise you heard on quiet line test. If you can get rid of noise and reset then you will get back to speed nearer attainable

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

I had a line test on Monday with all items taken of and BT testing and they told me it was OK.

But I would say that a light buzz sound when on the phone is the the line nosie that has been picked up in the data?

How could I take the nosie off my line as the line in my home is new two years ago as was the phone plug and youview box and Hub5  also the copper phone line to post was up dated about 15 years ago.

The hub was reset by the pin hole at the back at about midday because BT asked me to do it before doing some more tests but I was still told that around 40Mbps is OK for Infinity 2 that is marketed 76Mbps and I was getting 70Mbps after being told 60Mbps would be the best.

I feel that with the speed drop  and up and down speeds in the last week from 39.7Mbps  to tonight 48.9Mbps now has make the link to my youview box weak to record and watch without frozen image or sound etc...

I just don't understand why the 30Mbps drop and that being so close to BT Exchange that speed is not full speed all the time ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

The distance to the exchange is immaterial for FTTC it is the distance to your street cabinet that counts. From your stats it shows max attainable as 70mb but the high noise problem is why your actual is so far from attainable

0 Ratings