Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PieFaceHoward
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity 2 speed problem

Go to solution

I have had Infinity 2 for about six months now, my estimated speed was 80 meg, the box is practically connected to my outside wall, perfect position they said.

Up until last month I had no issues at all, 70+ at all times in the teens ping.... everything was just as hoped for.

For the last month Ive noticed a complete drop in speed and ping, all I get now is 40meg and 45 ping. After two engineers coming out on Monday and Tuesday this week....

No1 I've found and fixed the problem everything is fine. No it wasn't...

No2 I've now found another problem which the first was too junior to notice apparently, the HR in back of cabinet was rattling, a dynamic reset had capped my speed to 54meg, its now back to 80meg. No it isn't

I spent well over an hour with BT on the phone tonight where various tests were performed and the line is exactly as sold and there is nothing further they can do... 40meg and 45 ping.

Apparently half the speed quoted is in an acceptable range? If I bought an apple and the grocer gave me half is that acceptable?

I said well if I'm only getting Infinity 1 why am I paying for Infinity 2???? because your in a contract??

To say I'm totally miffed off with BT is an understatement.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity 2 speed problem

Go to solution
Is this wired or wireless?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
PieFaceHoward
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply and apologies for not stating it in original post. Its a wired setup

0 Ratings
PieFaceHoward
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Apparently the original install didnt terminate the connections properly making the line unstable.

This was rectified by the third BT engineer to come out to my house. When I was actually in...

Thanks for all your input...

0 Ratings
lozsta
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I love the wired or wireless question.  If you are capable of dragging yourself out of bed and onto a forum, one would assume you know that you need to be wired before moaning about speed...

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Asking me to click a star will result in a big fat FO, if you help me and you aren't asking in your sig I am more than happy to!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@lozsta wrote:

I love the wired or wireless question.  If you are capable of dragging yourself out of bed and onto a forum, one would assume you know that you need to be wired before moaning about speed...

You'd be surprised at the number of people who test wirelessly. That's why we always ask.

0 Ratings
lozsta
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

@lozsta wrote:

You'd be surprised at the number of people who test wirelessly. That's why we always ask.

I guess the GP are morons.  Common sense is a super power after all. 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Asking me to click a star will result in a big fat FO, if you help me and you aren't asking in your sig I am more than happy to!
0 Ratings