cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity 3 Months after installation date still not on!!

I have been waiting 3 months for my infinity!!

Order was placed on the The November 2011, install date was The November 2011 still waiting!!!

Excuse after excuse, even had engineers out last week(12/01/2012) to fit infinity,

but could not due to BT wholesale mess up???

Poor engineers rechecked all their work, refitted all the wires boxes modem etc 3 hours hard work.

Speed test showed 40mb download and 10 mb upload, all present.

So engineers were so puzzled why not working??

After a call back from BT wholesale. Told not switched on had to cancel my order and re order it again!!

Kids wanted Infinity for Christmas present, last Christmas not this Christmas coming!!

I have to let them down every week say sorry no infinity yet!

Worse part is every week or couple of weeks they give me hope by saying it is fixed.

Give me an appointment for engineer to visit. Only to cancel last minute.

Last weeks visit was last straw!

So scared to let the kids down again!! I never told them! How sad is that!

Having to keep quiet so they don't get hopes up!

All excited only to be let down again and again!

I never told my kids the engineers were coming to fit infinity?

Lucky I never told them, as the engineers did finally come after 3 months!!

Only to be let down again,imagine i told my kids.

Come home from school all excited only to be let down, BIG TIME!!

SAD BT VERY SAD Smiley Sad

NO INFINITY installed. Even though speed check shows its there!!

NO broadband for a month, bt offered normal broadband free for inconvenience???
Only to be charged FULL price in next bill and told refund once i get my infinity up???

3 MONTHS LATER STILL WAITING.....

A JOKE !!!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity 3 Months after installation date still not on!!

Hi dirtyoldb,

If you can fill out the contact us form in the about me section of my profile, we can take a look in to this for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

mess up between BT wholesale now tri adge? is looking into it?

A total mess!!!

2nd engineer visit today. same problem as before

no infinity installed

3 months later!!!

ordered on the 14th November 2011 installation date 28th November 2011

still waiting to be installed, even though the engineers assure me speed at open reach box!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

I too have been waiting since the middle of May 12, only to have Bt make arrangements for Engineers to come out and install my phone line (which is already their!) & Broadband. I have no one from BT or Openreach contact me to inform me of further delays when i have taken the morning as stated by BT to Be on the Premises! Twice i have lost money for someone not to have the decency to inform me of any changes! And now BT say they can not install untill the end of July. When i ask for all this in writting they make excuses that they are only the call center( in India!) and they can't promise anything!!

I have another BT phone line and BT Infinity at the other end of the counrty and am seriously thinking of cancelling the contract with them as i have never been treated like this ever!!

POOR SHOW BRITISH TELECOM!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 6

@cosh22 wrote:

I too have been waiting since the middle of May 12, only to have Bt make arrangements for Engineers to come out and install my phone line (which is already their!) & Broadband. I have no one from BT or Openreach contact me to inform me of further delays when i have taken the morning as stated by BT to Be on the Premises! Twice i have lost money for someone not to have the decency to inform me of any changes! And now BT say they can not install untill the end of July. When i ask for all this in writting they make excuses that they are only the call center( in India!) and they can't promise anything!!

I have another BT phone line and BT Infinity at the other end of the counrty and am seriously thinking of cancelling the contract with them as i have never been treated like this ever!!

POOR SHOW BRITISH TELECOM!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the issues your having there. I would recommend you contact the mods, it takes up to 3 days to get a response from them either by email or phone.  

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Same thing happened to me i ordered it in january as that's when they said it would be live in my area our install date came and went no engineer visit i rang to be told they would contact openreach and see why he didn't show up,this went on for around 2 weeks me ringing and getting told that they didn't know why openreach hadn't turned up ,then it transpired that our cabinet wasn't infinity ready and they would have to do some work on it so i had purchased a product that was advertised as ready in my area that really wasn't

When i rang and ordered infinity they had told sky the switchover date and we were duly cut off from sky after around 6 weeks of constant calls and obvious lies by untrained sounding indians,we were then given a pin and a different number to ring which must have been in scotland as they were all scottish,we were sent a usb dongle with a whole 1gb of usage per month included so i could have some sort of internet access it took nearly 4 months for the cabinet to be done and infinity to be installed.

0 Ratings