Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Infinity 4 Connection Confusion

Go to solution

The BT support people would not be able to help, as BT do not support 3rd party routers. They may however direct you to an expensive phone helpline.

I assume that the BT supplied home hub works?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

You shouldn't have to spoof the MAC address as authentication is against phone line, however, not certain how that works with FTTP. With the rate that HUB6s are swapped out I can't believe BT can keep track of MAC addresses even for FTTP customers. What are the other options in the WAN connection detection drop down? As @Keith_Beddoe says, we first need to ascertain the line is ok by using the Hub.

0 Ratings
SportiveUK
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

The SmartHub works and I have a fully functioning connection. The SmartHub is however 'flakey' in that it randomly disconnects devices etc which is why I want to dispense with it and use something a little more robust!

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Just a thought that may be worth trying.  Remove the Service Name (leave blank) that you have in the second image.  I read the bit at the bottom that says it can sometimes prevent connection. (more or less).

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@Liam_ wrote:

Just a thought that may be worth trying.  Remove the Service Name (leave blank) that you have in the second image.  I read the bit at the bottom that says it can sometimes prevent connection. (more or less).

I wondered about that. And also whether a two character password might be too short for that particular router. Maybe try “password” instead? 

P

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Just thought of something else.  The VLAN ID of 101 is normally only associated with the modem settings.  Try removing that.  Disable/leave blank or what ever the option is.  Likely Disable.

It should have registered sooner.  Had to disable it on the FritzBox here when using the DrayTek modem.

0 Ratings
SportiveUK
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Hooray, it's now working!

I disabled the VLAN ID and also removed the Service Name and hey presto my Dratek is now back in charge 🙂

I now feel far more relaxed and confident that everything will work properly and more importantly reliably!

Andrew

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Good stuff.  Thanks for posting back, handy to know the solution for sure.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
The BT Infinity 4 Premium Wrap Service is run separately to the Installation of FTTP.

They would normally send another Engineer out later to complete it but do you really want up to 3 Data Cables run over skirting boards and externally on the outside of your brand new house?
0 Ratings