cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT Infinity Activation Delay - No communication

Thank you very much for your responses. It seems that BT is in shortage of pretty much anything. I have not yet had a reply to the enquiry I opened last week already.

I have had to make a few phone calls and initiate a couple of support chats. Finally, after having been passed around several customer service advisors who were just repeating what they saw on their screen (which is the same as what I can see on my Order Tracking screen), it emerges that the old service provider left a "tag" on the line, which was not removed promptly.

I have now been promised an activation date up to this Friday (30 September 2016). I am very sceptical at this stage, but I will wait to hear more by tomorrow or Thursday.

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

As of today, BT cannot confirm that the tag has been removed, is in the process of being removed and the Order Tracking system does not have any updates regarding the activation date.

A chat representative said that "no updates can be provided for my order at this time" and that I will be contacted on Friday with an update. Note: not activation, but update.

The inquiry I opened with the mods also remains unanswered.

Has BT and BT Openreach no staff at all?

Unless I hear back from someone on Friday by noon, I will have to open a complaint. I do not intend to wait week after week when I should have been online last week Thursday already.

BT should not be making commitments that is not able or does not have the staff to fulfil.

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Bump.

To the mods out there: Can I hope for a reaction soon?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 24

@sanctimon wrote:

Bump.

To the mods out there: Can I hope for a reaction soon?

Thank you.

As far as I am aware, you have not had a invite from the moderators on this thread.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 15 of 24

Hi @sanctimon and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry it's taking so long to get back to you. We're really busy but we have your details and will be in touch once you reach the top of the queue. You might get a quicker update with our orders live chat help team so can you give them a go and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Hi @DavidM,

Thank you for your reaction. I have contacted the online Orders team and they are not in a position to give me any information apart from saying that I will receive a phone call tomorrow.

I am sorry for being pessimistic, but I very much fear that I should not be holding my breath for said call. Online order tracking has not set a new date for my Infinity to be activated. I do appreciate that everybody, including the Mods, seem to be understaffed these days. However, please take it in the most courteous of intentions, but as a paying customer this should not be something that I should occupy myself with.

Last I heard anything of any substance from the Online Orderst team was last Friday and namely that there was a tag on my line which they asked to be removed. This, in turn, would allow the engineer to expedite the activation of Broadband services some time between Wednesday and Friday this week. I checked on the status of this process yesterday and got no concrete information (evidently because there was none to be had).

Frankly, in this forum I have read too many horror stories from people saying they had to wait longer than a month for their broadband to be eventually connected and I would like to avoid having to go through the same ordeal. I run my business from home and it is of utmost importance to have a reliable and consistent high-speed internet connection, which is why I decided to switch from my old ISP in the first place.

With all this in mind, when do you foresee my case to come to the top of the queue?

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Hi @DavidM,

As foreseen no one has called me today with an update on my order.

I am sorry but this is the most deplorable level of service I have had the chance to experience in years.

I am eagerly awaiting for some reaction and some sort of suggested solution.
0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Bump.

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

So, this is the most recent update on this adventure:

Seeing that no one called me back by Saturday early afternoon, I called BT myself.

I had to wait in a queue for about 30 minutes, following which I got connected to an advisor based out of the UK (for the first time). Let us call her A.

A. confirmed that the tag had been removed from the line, but the existing order could not progress. A new order would have to be raised instead. After the order was to be raised, a separate request would have to be put through for the order to be expedited. This could not be done on the same day, as it would have to be accepted by the engineers. A. said that she would place the new order and would pass the expedite request to an offline team who would be able to action it on Monday (today), because I certainly would not want to wait another two weeks for my activation to take place. I expressed my doubts as to whether anyone was going to pick up the expedite request, let alone an offline team. A. then said that she was going to speak to another colleague who also worked this Monday, whom we would call B. She then confirmed that B. would call me at 13.00 on Monday to confirm the new date for the activation of the broadband. Oh, and I would get my old number back.

The moment A. cancelled the existing order, Quidco declined my tracked cashback. I have raised a claim with Quidco with the new Order number and the customer reference number. I am curious as to what will happen with that.

About an hour after the call with A., I got a call from P., who identified himself as a Mod of this community. P. apologised for the delays and issues with communication, confirmed that there was again activity on my account and said that he was going to take ownership of the issue and try to activate the line as soon as possible. He could not guarantee that this would happen, as it the expedite request would have to be accepted first. Worst case scenario, I would be activated on 17 October. He also promised to give me a call today to provide me with an update. When I explained the Quidco problem to him, he said that he would ensure that the Quidco claim would be processed by one of his contacts from the corresponding team.

At approximately 14.00, I received a text message from BT to say that I would be called soon to discuss my order from their 0800 number. About 45 minutes later, I received another text to say that my order was still under observation and that I would be given a call at 09.00am in the morning of 03 October (which is today).

Until now, I have not received any calls, either from B. or from P. and the Order Tracking system still shows this new order with 14 days to go. If true, this would make it a total of 6 weeks (!) from the placing of the order by me.

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Mod P. has just called me to report that he is waiting to hear from the team who expedite orders, as to whether this has been appoved or not. I will be given another update tomorrow.

P. very nice of you to call with an update. Thank you.

0 Ratings