cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
7933keating
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity Activation Issues

Hello. i used to have sky internet but left them and the line was dead for a while. i applied to have bt installed and the phone lines working, my order was due to be complete with braudband on the 6th june. this was pushed to the 10th due to there being a system problem. on the sunda after the 10th my internet still wasnt working. orange light and flashing red B. meaning no connection. i rang them on the monday and got an appointment expadited for the tuesday, still no sign of the engineer. that afternoon i got an appointment for the thursday 16th. engineer failed to show. rang up again and got one for the 17th, no engineer turned up and called bt to find no appointment was booked correctly even though i was advised it was. on the saturday the 18th i got a phone call telling me i had a AM appointment for monday 20th. i rang up monday afternoon since no engineer turned up and was told no appointment was booked again so they got me an appointment for today, low and behold no engineer turned up. due to living in york city centre i dont think its a hard 5 minute job to turn somebody on at the exchange box do you? what makes my blood boil even more is there has been bt engineer at the exchange 100m down the road yet they cant quickly call to mine ? my question is though does somebody actually need to visit the box to turn me on since that had already been done by open reach previously ? is it not a case of turning me on over the bt systems ? any help appreciated or any engineer living local to YO10 please get in touch if u fancy saving a deminishing name of openreach. thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity Activation Issues

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity Activation Issues

Hi @7933keating Welcome to the forum and sorry about all the problems with getting your broadband connected.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings