Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanh1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 35

BT Infinity Activation Issues

Go to solution

Changed my broadband over from Sky to BT, sky worked fine. BT was supposed to be up & running on the 24th, its now the 29th & i still have no internet.

I have plugged router in phone socket used previously and i get a ref flashing b light, i have spoken 3 or 4 times with BT who keep saying it will be activated tonight up until midnight, still no connection.

Can anyone please help?

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 35

Re: BT Infinity Activation Issues

Go to solution
all you can do for now is wait until midnight and if not then activated phone back in
0 Ratings
jonathanh1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 35

Go to solution

yes but i have spoken to 2 different people now who both on the day i spoke to them assured me it would be dont by midnight on that day.

I dont get what the hold up is, there cant be that many people switching to BT each day that they are stacked out doing these kind of things?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 35

Go to solution
The activation is done by Openreach not BT Retail your ISP it is not a matter of how many people are moving to BT
Openreach work on behalf of all service providers and BT retail get no preferential treatment under rules laid down by OFCOM
jonathanh1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 35

Go to solution

Ok well i managed to get in touch with BT again last night & yet again i have to wait until midnight tonight, i have been assured again it will be working by then & i will get a call regardless on the 31st.

To be honest the activation till midnight seems like a fob off as this is the 4th time i have been told this, all i have done is change internet, its not like i need a new connection or installation.

I have no doubt that come tomorrow i still wont have internet.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

Go to solution

Did you have Sky fibre?

If you did, then when you moved to BT, your fibre allocation would have been given to the next person on the waiting list, if your cabinet was full.

It would be a cease and re-provide, not a simple changeover, and if the cabinet is full, then you may have to wait a long time.

0 Ratings
jonathanh1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 35

Go to solution

No i didnt have sky fibre.

If there are issues like that i wish i would have been told, basically BT offering fibre broadband but you may have to wait weeks until we can activate it, thats not advertised at all.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

Go to solution

enter yur phone number and post results including notes  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonathanh1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 35

Go to solution
BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number ........... on Exchange FORDHOUSES is served by Cabinet 4

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--3 to 8Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6.5Up to 13 to 8Available
ADSL MaxUp to 5--3.5 to 7.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

There are no left in jumpers available on this line. This line is on a Market B Exchange.

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 24-Mar-2016.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 35

Go to solution
The checker shows that there are no fibre services available from your cabinet or you are to far from your cabinet to receive a fibre service
0 Ratings