cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crisp1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

BT Infinity - Bracknell Exchange (THBK)

Hey there, just a quick question if anyone could answer for me.

I was excited to find out that BT had plans to roll out Infinity, fibre service to my local exchange which I'm connected to.

Also to find out that I could be getting it very soon, as the posted lists online of exchanges and enablement dates with my area, Bracknell Berkshire comming December 31st 2010.

My question is though, upon checking last week the SamKnows website, the RFS date for FTTC BT Infinity has changed from December 31st 2010 to the same date but the year 2011.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/THBK

I've taken a trip down to my exchange, (walking the dog, as it's in town centre) with there being lots of paint markings on the pavement outside the BT exchange building, indercating what's under the pavement just as if they're ready to dig it up.

Dose anyone out there know if my area has been postponed or something?

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
alanchown
Contributor
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT Infinity - Bracknell Exchange (THBK)

The official Openreach list is here http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/default.htm, it does look like Bracknell is now dec 2011.
0 Ratings
Fraxis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Hi,

Just did one of my regular checks to see if there was any improvement, only to discover to my horror that Bracknell has now been 'deferred', with no date for rollout at all!!! What on eath is going on, BT?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

Icarus5000
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

The only people who know why the date has been postponed is Openreach and trying to get them to explain why is like trying to turn lead into gold. BT Retail will not be able to tell you, I can assure you of that.

Most common causes will be; lack of engineering resources, higher than expected work stacks on repair/provide jobs in the area or even planning red tape from the local authority or other community groups who don’t want the landscape blighted by extra cabinets.

Fraxis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

Thanks very much for your replies. 2012 is very poor compared with the original promised date of December 2010 so I hope Openreach have the decency to clarify the situation. 

0 Ratings
Crisp1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 33

BT are useless.

The Bracknell Forest Council have started tarmacing old roads, and have even dug up and filled old cracks / holes on the footpath right outside the BT exchange, which leads me to think BT have no plans to dig it up any time soon or the future.

I hope Fujitsu wins the grant from the government and fibres Bracknell, seeing as they're based here anyway. I could find more of a use for full fibre Gigabit broadband, rather than some half arsed FTTC scraping 40meg, but for now I guess it's 3meg only. VM also refuse to expand 20 feet up the road to my house.

Edit- Had to re-type, stupid IE9.

LEthaLity
Message 8 of 33

Glad I found this, I thought I was the only one who was going insane at the internet services we recieve in Bracknell, especially with the dates being moves about 2 times then the eventual deferral.
It doesn't make sense that we aren't getting it sooner when Ascot will get it in about a week, Wokingham already has it, I'm on the East side of Bracknell, Ascot's less then 5 mins away, Wokingham about 10 in other direction, and with us being home to the likes of Dell, Hp, Linksys, Sharp Communications, and Fujitsu it's quite strange

0 Ratings
Fraxis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 33

Ooh, look! It's moved to December 2011 again: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017

Wonder how long that will last?

0 Ratings
AGeezer
Contributor
Message 10 of 33

From the information that BT has made available you may think it is in Ascot, I live in Ascot and live less than 1Km from the exchange, I cannot get Infinity! I have also seen the dates change many times. BT may have rolled out to one cabinet and are claiming that Ascot is done - completely misleading!  When they have rolled out to all cabinets in Ascot, then they can claim that Ascot is done. As a customer of BT for over two decades I find that many of their communications are becoming more and more misleading, in many cases I suspect deliberately!

0 Ratings