cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LittleRobo
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Broadband - Severe Connection Delays in reseting 48 Hours & counting!!

Hi

The broadband line kept dropping recently causing issues in trying to watch anything over the Internet. Live Chat sent out an engineer on 2.03.16, who eventually replaced our Port in the Cabinet & returned to say that the Technical team would reset our Broadband within a 12 hr period. That was 48 hours ago!!

Repeated live chats have generated absolutely no clarity in when the fault will be resolved.  This is my daughter's 1st Broadband account & I'm shocked at the level of poor customer service she has recieved. She needs broadband to access her emails from work & has now resorted to mobile tethering to enable her to get sight of her work messages.

I have a BT Business Account & I'm dismayed at the failure to resolve this issue in such a length of time!!

Has anyone else experienced issues like this?  A simple reset is all that's required to get her Broadband up & running again, but that seems to be beyond the capabilities of BT Customer Services!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Broadband - Severe Connection Delays in reseting 48 Hours & counting!!

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
LittleRobo
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Broadband - Severe Connection Delays in reseting 48 Hours & counting!!

It's my daughter's broadband line that we have an issue with- she is a residential user that's why I posted it on this forum.

Thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

BT Retail cannot carry out a reset on infinity only Openreach can do that if a line fault is found and the reset requires en engineer visit to your home
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 9

Hi @LittleRobo and welcome.

I'm sorry your daughter is having problems with the connection. I'm sure we can help. Can you check if any of the lights are on hub? Is she able to connect at all? Is the connection dropping or completely off? Can you give us as much detail as possible.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
LittleRobo
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi David
The orange broadband light is flashing. An engineer came on 02.03, couldn't reset because the line kept dropping & timed out. He replaced the port at the cabinet & requested a reset by the Network team. That was 48hrs ago!! So frustrating. She's had to sit in a Starbucks to access her emails!! I can supply account or landline number if required. Thanks
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 9

Hi @LittleRobo,

If you send me in your Daughter's BT account details I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on the line. 

You can send me in the details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
LittleRobo
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi Paddy
Any update for us re. my daughter's broadband issue ?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

There is a 5-7 working day delay before you will get a reply, as they are a very small team.

0 Ratings