Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clive306
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity Business Router - keeps rebooting

Hi All,

a friend of mine has upgraded to infinity and is having problems with the supplied router. It keeps rebooting! he is now on his eigth router from BT and still it reboots intermittantly. I haven't yet been to take a look but i can't imagine for one minute that all 8 would be faulty.

any ideas what it could be? the router isn't on an ext lead, it is on a main socket which has never had problems in the past.

what are the chances of the phone socket being the issue? could that somehow cause the router to restart due to a faulty connection?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity Business Router - keeps rebooting

0 Ratings
Clive306
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

this is a home user... nothing business related.

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 4 of 8

Can you confirm it is the router (eg HomeHub?) that is rebooting, not the modem (eg EchoLife HG612)?

The modem is the one connected to the master socket, and then the router to the modem.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 8

suit yourself
your paying extra for the uk support and mods who actually answer in the forum rather than you have to send a web form to get to them in 3 working days here
but its up to you
0 Ratings
Clive306
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

I hav just called him and it is definately the router (the black unit), not the modem (echolife white unit)

0 Ratings
Clive306
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I will post it on there too, many thanks

0 Ratings
cmdawson
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I had the same problem for a week. I decided to disable the automatic wireless channel selection and fixed it on channel 6. (I had a look in the event log and found that the router seemed to prefer channel 6.) 

After this I have gone from 6-7 reboots per day to ZERO reboots in 3 days and counting. Smiley LOL

Hope this helps!

0 Ratings