cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Capping, Rude Online Advisors, connection drop-out

I have been a BT infinity customer for the last 15 months, during that time my connection has been CAPPED down from 35mb/s to less than 5mb/s download. That's right BT cap your internet speed. This has happened to me three times, each time after BT sent round the engineer the speed would return. However this never lasted as a week later the speed would be 20mb/s. Then the speed would gradually slow down to a grind until I complained again.

I fully expect this to happen again and again and again.

The BT engineer has stated EVERY time that there is nothing wrong with the line and equipment and that BT HQ was altering the speed. All it takes is an engineer to a make phone call it seems.  This has happened three times over the last 15 months, and low behold less than 24 hours later it’s down to 5mb/s. In addition to this the connection cuts out totally about 20 times a day for about 10 seconds, as an online gamer this a disaster; I get kicked from servers constantly. To those it who don’t game think of it this way, you’re at a movie, halfway though; the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds and then stops. You get throw out on the street, every time you try to watch a movie.

So overall I have only had the product I pay for about 3 months out of 15. And it only gets worse, the online advisors I have spoken have been rude and sarcastic, they just stopped talking to me and told me to close the chat window. I wasn't rude at all.

I was promised compensation last time - of course they BT lied to me and haven't given me a penny. And now I can't ask for it or complain to the right people because, get this, BT won't receive compensation query until the service is fixed!

Today I visited my bank after getting a bank charges letter yesterday, BT changed my payment from the date I selected (they asked which date I wanted). I now owe the bank at least £100; the debt has been pasted on to a collection agency after just six weeks. And of course when I asked BT about this they stated they don't use payment dates. I deserve this money back.

I don't earn very much and have to financially and emotionally support my disabled partner, which is incredibly hard. I use the internet to play games with friends which is my only treat. I also use the internet to book shifts at work and keep on to date my partners medications.

I am now really upset and this matter has caused me to become very depressed. 

I know the tone of this post suggest I'm a complainer, I'm really not, I just want it to work.

I don't know what else to say, please someone help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Capping, Rude Online Advisors, connection drop-out

Hi Thanksforrobbingme,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

David,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, what extra details do you need? As it's all pretty much there, and honestly I've been turned pillar to post so many ties by BT so this seems yet again a way to ignore me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Just looked at the contact us link, yes I have done all of that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Have you filled in the form that looks like the one below. If you have, then you will get a reply within 5-6 working days.

Make a note of your enquiry reference, and you will be contacted by phone or e-mail.

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Keith Beddoe thank you for the reply, I have contacted BT by phone and online chat before. I am now apparrently at a higher stage of technical support, BT knows there is a major problem. I have had four engineer visits and have many, many support tickets. I can't see this getting any more attention but I will fill out the form, Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

The moderator team will act as a single point of contact, and will take ownership until the problem is sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Ok, thank you DavidM, I have followed your instructions and sent a email. I'm sorry I was short in the previous post, this is really upsetting me and I don't mean to be difficult. I really hope you can help before this escalates further.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 9

The forum mods have a very good reputation for getting things sorted out.

Just sit back and wait for them to contact youu. As it's been ongoing for a long time a few more days wait won't hurt.

0 Ratings