cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 14

BT Infinity Checker

Hello, 

I have recently started to see fttc cabinets appearing in my local area, I have checked SamKnows and it shows date for 1st March 2012.

I was wondering if anyone knew when orders could start being pleaced or when the checker gets updated so I can see what speed i can be expected.

Thankyou

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Infinity Checker

@dominic_bullion wrote:

Hello, 

I have recently started to see fttc cabinets appearing in my local area, I have checked SamKnows and it shows date for 1st March 2012.

I was wondering if anyone knew when orders could start being pleaced or when the checker gets updated so I can see what speed i can be expected.

Thankyou

Hi ,

Samknows can only give you an expected date for the exchange being fibre enabled.

You need your old green street cabinet to also be upgraded( not all are).

If you put your telephone number into the wholesale checker, it should tell you if fibre will be availabe or not.

If you know hwere your old green street cabinet is (have a walk around nearby streets) then if your cabinet is going to be upgraded for fibre it will have a new green cabinet like in the picture placed within 100 ft or sdo of the old one.

No new cabinet, no Infinity.

4218894050_c837a1bdc5.jpg

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 14

New cab could still = no Infinity as equipment, power and comissioning also needs to happen.

An ear to the cabinet to listen for the cooling fans running is the best bet. Then it is either available or very close to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

This has been my fibre progress.-

Dec 2010 I spoke to the Openreach engineers putting the cables in in my towns high street.... they said everything was going according to plan.

April 2011 Fibre Cabinet installed next to my smaller PCP cabinet.

May various visits from Openreach wiring up and powering up.

The BT wholesale and Infinity website checkers initially showed Infinity would be available.-

March 2011 this changed shortly after Christmas to.-

July 1 then in June it changed to.-

June 30th then in mid June it changed to.-

June 22nd then as this date drew near it suddenly changed to.-

Sept 30th 2011!!!!!

And on 1st July 2011 the Checkers showed it was available.

So as mentioned above keep an eye out for a new cabinet near your original, then regularly enter your TELEPHONE NUMBER for best accuracy into the checkers. The checkers can change overnight, as mine did at the beginning of the month.

Infinity Available and estimate Result.-

New Infinity result.jpg

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

This is helpful - thank you. In my exchange area (WMMAL) there was considerable activity in December. I spoke to the teams installing the FTTC cabinet and links to the existing PCP cabinet in my road and also noticed that Western Power were also out and about. Since Christmas absolutely nothing has happened. Is there anyway of finding out when the fibre team will hit town? The checker is showing a cabinet enablement date of by 31 March 12.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 14

In my area they had ducted all the fibre before the cabinet was put in place.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 14

hi,

I recently spoke to bt enginears working on a cabinet 1 mile from my house at Tulnagall Road, Dungannon BT70 3LP, UK (cabinet 10) They tell me that it is infinity enabled.

How can i get connected to this cabinet from my house which is 1 mile down the road at  Gortavale Road, Dungannon BT70 3HW, UK

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

You can't be moved to a difference cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Holy mother of thread necro

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

You would have to move home to a property which was served by that cabinet.

0 Ratings