cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

BT Infinity Connection Dropping frequently

Hi all,

I have been having issues with my Infinity connection dropping frequently over the past 2 months. I have raised this twice with BT, who on the first time said that there was some electrical interference external to the property but that should have now resolved. On the second time, an engineer was sent out who checked the external wiring and service and said that there were no problems.

I continue to have problems.

Currently, the connection will drop 3-4 times a day (usually in the evening); the Smart Hub will flash orange and then it reconnects after a few minutes.

I have the Smart Hub plugged into an ADSL filter, which is plugged into the master socket (the master socket just looks like a regular socket). Also plugged into this filter, is an extension line which is then connected (with a filter) to a telephone.

I guess the only other thing of note, is that I use TP Link powerline adaptors to give a wired connection to my PC upstairs.

This is an example of my Smart Hub event log, showing when the connection is lost:

"

:The LAN DHCP Server is inactive

19:16:05, 05 Oct.

wl1:(6/11) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

19:15:53, 05 Oct.

:Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

19:15:53, 05 Oct.

:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected

19:15:52, 05 Oct.

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is active

BR_LAN:LAN Router Advertisement Setting Updated : M_flag = 0, O_flag = 1

:Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

ppp1:The DYN ROUTE [81.139.56.100/32 gw ] is deleted

ppp1:The DYN ROUTE [81.139.57.100/32 gw ] is deleted

19:15:50, 05 Oct.

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is inactive

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is active

BR_LAN:LAN Router Advertisement Setting Updated : M_flag = 0, O_flag = 1"

Any ideas on what could be causing my problems?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Infinity Connection Dropping frequently

sounds like i've got the same issue.

I’ve had bt infinity for over a year, has a few teething problems when it was first installed but got past that.

Broadband has works perfect for months then lately the problems have started. I keep losing connection intermittently. Hh6 flashes orange then reconnects. Contacted bt, had engineers out who have changed wires, cables and moved my wire in the green box several times. Tests have been done on the line but cant find any issues.  I've been sent a new hh6 as mine started to flash pink, connected the new hub and the problem is still there. One customer services adviser claimed something in my house is interfering with my connection so i was advised to change the channel settings, done this and i lost everything even my t.v. changed the channel settings to the original set up. When i go to my home hub manager settings my “system uptime” shows days of time connected however my “network uptime” keeps resetting when i lose connection.

not sure where to find my smart hub event log

0 Ratings