cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ptaylor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity Engineer Appointment. Fed up.

Engineer was booked for 2 March to install Infinity. He put a card through the letterbox saying we weren't in when two people were in the flat very much awake. He didn't ring my mobile as requested in the order. We immediately rang the contact number on the card but just got an answering machine every time we tried.

A couple of days ago I tried to get another appointment by ringing the BT line. I spent nearly an hour being shuffled from one call centre person to another. The last person promised that someone would ring with a new appointment. They haven't. I've tried to chase without success. I can't face another hour going round in circles.

How the hell do I get another appointment? We now have no internet access at all as our old broadband line has been shut of.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity Engineer Appointment. Fed up.

Hi Ptaylor,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear your Infinity connection has not yet been installed.  I can help arrange another appointment if you haven't managed to do so, yet.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

ptaylor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, Sean. I've finally managed to rebook an appointment for this Wednesday. If that goes well, I'll sign off.

It seems the problem is that the installation was reported as being done when it wasn't.

0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I'm supposed to have Infinity installed tomorrow, I guess I better sit and watch the door in case my engineer tries to slot a card in my postbox claiming I wasn't home. I really wish I didn't read these forums because every post is a horror show and it has stressed me out so much LOL.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 5

SteveBB I've done the exact same, haha. Luckily the engineers rung me before they came to my house. Probably because it's out of the way of where they normally go, don't want 2 come here for a wasted Journey.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings