cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heretic397
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity - Engineer appointment no longer required?

Hello folks! I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this query I have.

I ordered BT Infinity the other day for my new student house, everything was sorted okay and I was given all the information related to activation dates and times, engineer appointment and order tracking. I was told my engineer appointment was on the 19th September (between some hours I have written down but not to hand). This was all fine, my visit to the order tracking site later that evening confirmed all the details I was told.

However the next day I was checking my order on the tracking page and the 'Your Appointment' section now only contained the message "Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange.". Now I've received the equipment that's posted out, the router and welcome pack, however one of my roommates (who has BT Infinity at home) says we definately need an engineer visit because we needed the modem that the engineer brings. So I'm confused, the engineer visit makes sense but why would it have been cancelled? Or has it? Hoping someone can shed some light on the situation!

Many thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity - Engineer Apointment no longer required?

Usual BT **bleep**-up by the look of it. You will need a modem supplied by the engineer.

Contact one of the mods here to ask for assistance, they seem the only dept in BT that can actually get things done properly.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
heretic397
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply. How do I contact a mod? =S Sorry new to this forum!
0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

There you go mate.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
heretic397
Message 5 of 6

Thank you!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Re: BT Infinity - Engineer appointment no longer required?

This seems to be a common mistake by BT, and is obviously a mis-communication between different divisions within BT.

For some reason, Openreach can't install Infinity on the day requested, and they have cancelled the appointment. BT retail have interpreted this as meaning the engineer is not required. Quite why they do this is anyone's guess, but they keep making this mistake.
0 Ratings