cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antinchester
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT Infinity Fibre Broadband Keeps Dropping

Interesting, the person on the help line said it was possibly the fibre port with the issue. If that is Openreach tech then no excuse for a fix.

Part of the issue is the conflicting information from BT/Openreach.

I'm concerned that they are either trying to obfuscate the facts because the solution will cost money, and the engineer that reports it get the flack or there are a series of complex variables that all have to be checked. Fixing one thing may not resolve the whole issue.

The problem I see is definitely worse during peak time.

The connection was stable for a whole week after the first engineer visit. Literally it didn't disconnect for 7 days and remained at near 50 meg. Then the whole issue started again the following week.

Perhaps the fix caused an issue for someone else and they were playing musical chairs hoping someone would stop complaning.

As I said in my original post, I've been with BT on fibre for 6 years, with few issues before this. I imagine more and more people are moving to fibre, so the kit must be getting stretched.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 12 of 30

Openreach have a very robust auto reporting system and know immediately if there is any port, line card or DSLAM issue.

An engineer is automatically tasked to investigate and report back.

Sometimes it is just a matter of resetting the line card, other times it may need replacement.

If you let me know which exchange and cabinet you are on I can check the Openreach site and see if there is a problem at your cab and estimated fix time if there is one.

0 Ratings
antinchester
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 30

Thanks. Here is the information...

Exchange CHESTER CENTRAL is served by Cabinet 39

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 19.11.22.png

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 14 of 30

No problem with cab equipment there. In fact there are only 3 cabs in the whole of the UK with a minor (port/line card) problem and only a total of 24 customers affected.

DavidM
Message 15 of 30

Hi @antinchester and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. I'll be happy to take a closer look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
antinchester
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 30

Thanks for checking.

0 Ratings
antinchester
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 30

@DavidMThanks. I took a look at your profile (https://community.bt.com/t5/user/v1/viewprofilepage/user-id/17) and the Contact Me section doesn't have a way to message you? I'm logged in.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 18 of 30

Sory about that @antinchester. My fault Smiley Embarassed. Please try again.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
antinchester
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 30

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 20 of 30

Pointless linking to someone else's  problem. This thread is to get your problem resolved and nothing else.

0 Ratings