cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kestrel2
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity Gradually slowing down

I had Infinity installed at the end of March. I initially achieved 18Mb/s but then each day it reduced a bit and got down to 5Mb/s. During this time I had 4 separate visits by BT engineers (and 2 appointments when they never turned up!), they eventually swapped out something in the box down the road (a V21 change I think they called it) where the fibre stops and I was back up to 18Mb/s however the same thing has started again and I am currently down to just under 11Mb/s. The line has been checked out and they all say it is very good with very few errors however they think it is a "long line issue". I am 0.9 mile from the junction box where the fibre goes to and then it is of course copper from then on.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and has a solution been found for you?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
malum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity Gradually slowing down

0 Ratings
Kestrel2
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

It seems to have settled down at just under 11Mbs so as long as it stays at that level then I'm happy.

0 Ratings
shelts
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Getting the same thing, installed 3rd May, engineer did a line test 48mbs down, 20mbs up - happy days, peaked for me around 32mbs and had been slowing down gradually ever since, bottomed out at around 8 or 9mbs down, the same on wifi or wired.

Logged with BT Customer Support who were very helpful  Smiley Frustrated and they eventually referred me on to BT Wholesale, who then passed it to the engineers, who I never heard from or saw sight of, I then got a call back from BT Customer Support saying the problem had been resolved.

Tested on Wifi - 17mbs down 6mbs up - happy days

Tested on Wired - the same!!!

Don't get me wrong, it is far faster than anything I experienced with Sky but it's not doing what it says on the tin and is becoming increasingly annoying!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 10

@shelts wrote:

Tested on Wifi - 17mbs down 6mbs up - happy days

Tested on Wired - the same!!!

glad your happy

i wouldnt be

0 Ratings
shelts
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Happy over Wifi, not happy with Wired but I'm not getting what I am paying for so getting increasingly frustrated by it all....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 10

not using n then
0 Ratings
shelts
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Yes using n but the wireless is pretty much the same as the wired speed!

I've created another thread on this and logged it with the Mods so hopefully I can get some progress as this will be the second time I've logged the issue!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 10

i dont see why your happy with wireless but unhappy with wired when they are the same speed
0 Ratings
shelts
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Because I generally expect wireless to be slower, the hub is downstairs, it's a relatively old house and I was used to 1.5mbs download on Sky Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings