cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

BT Infinity Have to restart hub ever couple of hours

Hi all, I had BT Infinity installed the other day, I will be reaching download speeds of around 38meg Smiley Very Happy but after a few hours my speed will drop to 38kbps Smiley Sad I have to restart the hub and the speed picks back up to 38meg iv tested this using bt speed tester site over Ethernet.

Any ideas ?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Infinity Have to restart hub ever couple of hours

Bump
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Before restart of home hub 3 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 13 Mbps 0 Mbps 38.71 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 13 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.71 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps After restart of home hub: 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 31.52Mbps 0 Mbps 38.71 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 31.52 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.71 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

This appears to be a very common problem. Seems to be an issue with the HH3. Would suggest requesting a replacement from BT, or just go and get a new router of your choice - just make sure it's PPPoE capable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 13

Hi mate, rang BT tonight they claimed there is a server fault ? Seems a load of **bleep** to me but told me it will be fixed within 24 hours
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 13

oh right 🙂 strange its only a 24 hrs problem ,i,d do what the above person said and buy another router with PPP0E 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Definitely not a 24hr thing - your syptoms are the same as mine and it's been with the engineers to resolve for over a week now.  Reset just via the side button on the HH3 (we've got a B variety) or if you go into the hub settings page and disconnect from the internet and then re-connect.  I was always taught at school that inanimate objects were incapable of emotions, but it looks like my hub goes into a sulk if we don't use it for a while.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Yes, same problem here. 

Not, this is the odd part though - I can resolve this issue by either resetting the HH3 like everyone else BUT the problem also goes away when I restart the computer...Can somebody tell me what could be the issue?

I have AVG and ZoneAlert installed if this could be anything to do with it?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

My hub is also type B, I had enough of BT india talking **bleep** and sent the ceo an email two nights ago, he has passed this on to a complaints team in newcastle, Im only getting 10meg at the moment. I will let you know the outcome cameron
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 13

That's interesting. I'll try that and see if it works for me.
0 Ratings