cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjayokocha
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity Hub 4 & PS3

I'm having a problem with running 2 ps3 on the one hub in the house. I have infinity with the hub 4, my kids have a ps3 in the living room and I have mine in the bedroom.

The problem I have is port forwarding. I can only set up one ps3 as a ps3 device in the hub settings, when I try to do the second one it says I cannot have another device using same ports.

How do I get round this as when both are online one that isn't registered as a ps3 for port forwarding is freezing online.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Malacath
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity Hub 4 & PS3

You can't.

Your only option is to delete all port forwarding rules and rely totally on UPnP.

0 Ratings
jjayokocha
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

How do I do that?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. If you have changed the SSid or wireless key it will restore them back to what is on the homehub label.

0 Ratings
jjayokocha
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

U mean just have neither ps3 in the port forwarding settings?
0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 6 of 7

factory resetting the home hub would be the best way then just setting up your connections for your ps3s again. making sure you select to use upnp. make sure ps3s are off when factory resetting the hub.

there should be a reset button on back of hub in a tiny pinhole

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 7 of 7

@jjayokocha wrote:
U mean just have neither ps3 in the port forwarding settings?

You must never use port forwarding if you have more than one of the same game console

0 Ratings