cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity I - Faceplate

I'm going to order BT Infinity I (up to 38) soon and i'm slightly confused.

I was under the impression that the house master socket faceplate needs to be upgraded, but when trying to order online it says that an engineer only needs to come out if I get BT infinity II?

Can anyone shed any light

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
soapy
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity I - Faceplate

the set up for infinity 1 is the same as infinity2 so you will need an engineer vist to install the new faceplate no matter if it is 1 or 2 you are ordering

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 8

Hi Danoid,

It has recently changed and now the BT Infinity 1 service is self install.  Check out this link for more info.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

NeilO - Does that mean I need to change the faceplate myself, so I will need ot invest in a punchdown tool?

I was checking that link earlier, which is why I posted this as i'm slightly confused.

many thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 8

Hi Danoid,

No there is no need to change the faceplate as micro filters will be provided. Basically it will work the same as an ADSL set up, all the work is done externally then you fit the filters and Hub 5 yourself.  My understanding is that you will be notified once the work has been done on the activation day to let you know when it's ok to connect the new equipment.]

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi NeilO,

I orderd bt infinity 1 on the 10th jan andmy installation date is now 31st jan. I asked about self install when I ordered but was told that they new nothing about it and that an Engineer visit was required. Does this mean that I will still get an engineer visit? From my previous posts you may note that I wanted a self install as I already have a filtered faceplate and didn't want to take time off work etc. Can you advise if I will be offered the self install automatically now.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Out of curiosity exactly why now does an Infinity 2  need a new faceplate  and Infinity 1  doesn't  - they presumably are using identical line and modem connections.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 8

Presumably as the line is capped, they think there will be plenty of SNR margin available to cope with the noise that the Infinity SSFP deals with.

Also the lower speed demands will not need so much of a perfect line.

Looks like an engineer will be available if it doesn't work.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings