cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Infinity Installation - Conflicting Information

Just waited in for 5 hours for an 8am to 1pm installation slot.  At 1.30pm phoned BT to find out what was happening.  Told that no engineer was coming as there had been a 'delay with the line' and that I would get a call tomorrow to re-arrange appointment.

They then took my email address so I could set up MyBT as it seems they cocked up my contact details as well.

I logged on to MyBT and hit Track Order.  It told me my phone line was connected for voice calls.  It states that 'the appointement has been cancelled as an engineer no longer needs to visit your property as your line can be connected from the exchange'.  It also says that my broadband is still scheduled for connection by midnight today.

Its almost a blessing that I never got the MyBT set up email as the Customer Service Rep told me that the information it's showing is incorrect. 

So now it's a waiting game.  Apparently my case has been passed to the priority team to be resolved.  All I can think about is when I moved to the old BT Broadband a number of years ago and was left with no internet connection for one week while they worked their magic.  The service was then so intermittent I eventually left them.  I heard they had improved but now im not so sure.

I will update tomorrow when I get a call.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Embraer
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Infinty Installation - Conflicting Information

I would be careful any time that it states that no engineer needs to visit. ALL Infinity installs require an engineer visit to fit the VDSL faceplate to your master socket

0 Ratings
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: BT Infinity Installation - Conflicting Information

Just phoned them again and they won't confirm that I will be getting a visit at all, only that someone will call me between 3pm and 3:30pm tomorrow to update me on the situation.

Now I am worried, sounds like a case of we thought you could have it but unfortunately you can't.

Back to the waiting game.

0 Ratings
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Now the order tracker says :

We are currently investigating your Broadband order with our suppliers and will keep you updated with any progress. Please continue to check online for further updates.

Anyone know what this could be ?

0 Ratings
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Another update.

Status changed on tracker again to 'there is a problem with the provision of service'.

Phoned up again and this time told my order is on hold because of a conflicting order on the system which has put my order on hold.

What other order ?

Told that my order may have to be cancelled and re-entered to overcome this.  Then they blamed Sky, saying that it was their order to cancel their service that was holding up my order.

So now my order is being re-entered, if it goes through today, and she gave me no guarantee, and the Sky order doesn't hold things up again I will get see an engineer on Tuesday 21st, 8 days after my initial completion date.  I have been told that my case will be escalated and they will definitely improve on that date, probably Thursday or Friday this week.  Apparently a supervisor will call me later today with the improved date.

So now its back to the waiting game.

0 Ratings
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Had a call earlier this afternoon from a Customer Services Supervisor who was the most promising contact so far.  He said he would try to fast track my install because of the problems I have had.

Checked online and I am now down for an engineers visit on Thursday 16th 8am - 1pm, so there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Then, just a minute ago, I got a call from the offshore call centre telling me that his system was showing that an engineer is calling tomorrow, Wednesday 15th 8am - 1pm and that he would call me tomorrow at 10am to check everything is completed.  I tried to explain what the order tracker said but could not get him to understand.  I hope that this doesn't cause more confusion and lead to another failed visit.

It seems the left hand isn't sure what the right hand is doing.

Can't believe anything I'm told and will now have to wait in tomorrow morning as well, just in case !!

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

welcome to BT INDIA Smiley Very Happy

Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hi Steve,

I can clear this up for you tonight so you'll know whether to wait in tomorrow or not - if you send through your details via the webform (the link is in my profile under "about me"), I'll email you back the specifics.

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Contact form completed and submitted.

Thank you.
0 Ratings
steveschofield
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Wow, as soon as the moderator got involved things started happening.

Automated call received confirming appointment on 16th, followed by call from CS Supervisor confirming appointment between 8am and 10am on 16th, followed by call from offshore call centre to check that everything was now progressing OK.

Thank you Dean, heres hoping all goes smoothly tomorrow.

0 Ratings