cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blake_dale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity Installation - How to make an official complaint?

Hello,

Could someone kindly point me in the direction of how to make an official complaint to BT about my Infinity 2 installation, please? 

The story so far:

Tue 27 Aug: Installation Day

- 8am-1pm: Engineer doesn't show up

- 2:30pm: I phone up and after a ring back am informed that the engineer found a fault at my exchange and the helpline guy appologises that no one let me know. He says that he will fast track a new appointment for Sat 31 Aug and will phone me back with details.

Thu 29 Aug: Still no phone call

- 3pm: Promised confirmation phone call never arrives so I ring up and am now informed that I can not have an appointment for Sat 31 Aug but they will pass me over to the off-line team who will call me back within 24 hours with an offer of a new appointment for next week.

Fri 30 Aug:  No phone calls

- 9:40am: No one calls but I receive an email informing me that someone will contact me shortly with a sooner appointment.

Mon 2 Sep: Email and Phone Call (voice mail)

- 11am: I receive an email and a phone call (to my home line answer machine even though I had specifically requested they contact me on my mobile) telling me that they can't give me an earlier appointment. The lady on the phone states that the engineer will be around on the 11 Sep whilst the confirmation text and confirmation email say 10 Sep (it also says 10 Sep on my online order tracker). I've tried phoning up just now but can't get through.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Tony

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity Installation - How to make an official complaint?

This is a link to BT Complaints. Don't know how responsive they will be.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2NDIiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjowfQ..

It may be that when a forum moderator reads this they may get in touch with you to try and help. If they do they will contact you via this post.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 7

Hi blake_dale,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum, I'm really sorry about the installation issues and I'll be happy to help with this. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send me in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
blake_dale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thank you kindly, Neil. I have sent you the information.

Thank you gg30340 too, I was having a real problem trying to find that information.

0 Ratings
gok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Pretty much the same as I've been going through (although I'm about a week and a bit further on down the line). I've waited in 2 days, made 15 phone calls, raised 2 complaints, and posted to this forum and I'm pretty much in the same boat, still waiting for a call back for the "expedited" engineer.

Don't hold your breath. Sorry.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 7

@blake_dale wrote:

Thank you kindly, Neil. I have sent you the information.

Thank you gg30340 too, I was having a real problem trying to find that information.

The mods will get this sorted for you and be in contact in 3-5 days. They will then be your one point of contact until resolved.

0 Ratings
blake_dale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Follow up:

After reporting on this forum I received an email from _________ (BT Customer Services) saying she would be monitoring my account up until the service is up and running. I don't have an email address or phone number to contact her.

The BT engineer was supposed to come around between 8am-1pm today.

I just looked online and found the following message: "Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange."

I phoned up sales and they told me that my order had been cancelled and they don't know why. Someone is going to look into it and call me back tomorrow to fast track another booking for this Saturday. 

Last time the engineer didn't show up I was told that I would get fast tracked to a Saturday appointment but in the end had to wait two weeks, which is today. I can't take a third day off work.

I'm feeling pretty deflated here. If I hadn't looked online I would've been waiting around doing nothing for most of the day because I hadn't received any email or phone call or text to inform me about this cancellation. 

They say they'll phone me tomorrow but of the last four times they've said that they'd do that , only once have they rang and that was to the wrong phone (my homeline instead of my mobile), and even then they gave the wrong information (saying appointment was for the 11th Sep when in fact it was for the 10th).

Furthermore, my internet broadband from Be will end on this Sat 14th and then I'll have no internet if BT don't install by then.

Two days wasted. Please tell me they offer some form of compensation?

0 Ratings