cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
machasm
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Infinity Installation tomorrow - quick question

I can only say what I experienced and that has been a pretty flawless install from order to installation the process just worked.

When I checked online to see if I could receive infinity the checker came back with an estimated 40/10 install.

I ordered online having obtained my MAC code from Sky.

I was given a date of the 16th in the afternoon.

The equipment arrived on the 14th as promised.

The engineer turned up at 13:30 on teh day of the install.

Took him all of 15 minutes to do the installation.

Checked my speeds with speedtest.net at the end and was getting 39/8 so can't complain.

Speeds have been rock solid since then and I have already D/L something in the region of 120Gb!

So I am a very happy camper.

0 Ratings
carlhunt3r
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Good times mate. I'm glad your experience has been as fast and smooth as the BT Infinity service 😄 hopefully I'll be a happy camper tomorrow too!
0 Ratings
Cryin5freeman
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

0 Ratings
carlhunt3r
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

jackhandy/Pete

How right are you! Theyve only gone and missed another appointment!! Another days holiday wasted. Love BT like, fantastic customer service

0 Ratings
gm8jip
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

You should be getting on to the installation team as this is not acceptable.You have had to take two days holiday and you still have not had Infinity installed. I would also demand that you get at least six months free rental charges for the hassle and disappointment that you have incured.BT should be making you a priority call now.

Hope you get it sorted out ASAP.

Regards, graeme.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

6 months rental for a missed provision? Bit steep. A month or two at most is acceptable in my opinion.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
carlhunt3r
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Someone finally came out at 3pm after ringing and complaining / speaking to a manager. My install is complete and I'm a happy chappy, running at 33meg!!! 

The installer had to disconnect ALL of my internal extensions (installed by the builder) and create me a new master socked in the living room. I've only got one BT point now, and the other exensions are now redundant. Is this normal? He said its "one of those things" but I'm not too sure...

0 Ratings
jackhandy
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Good on yer!

Hope all goes well hereafter.

@ Webby - If you check back in the thread, you'll find it was 3 appointments missed - I reckon 6 months is about right, particklarly as the first 3 are 1/2 price!

Pete

0 Ratings
machasm
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

No its not normal to have your internal extensions removed.

I guess the guy was **bleep**!

When the new faceplate is installed there is a filter as part of this. Thats why you don't need to have filters at each extension.

There should also be a connection point allowing you to run your other extensions from it (behind the faceplate).

I would get on the phone and have them send a guy back out to connect them back up for you.

Alternatively you can get phones that run off a single base so only need one socket (master).

That way you dont need to run an extension wherever you need a phone just move it where you like.

Mac.

0 Ratings