cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Infinity Issues - Slower than standard broadband?????

Go to solution

fingers crossed!

otherwise Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

have now spoken to 4 different people at BT and been told 4 different things!  Even after running ANOTHER speed test, I was told that there was no issue and the case had been closed - even though I sent them the speed check results!  I was then told an engineer visit would be booked (this wasn't done!) and I have just phoned again only to be told that I'm not a BT customer and none of my details are on the system!

God help me Im going mental and someone somewhere at BT is going to get shouted at in a less than polite manner sometime soon!

I am now on the phone to BT again, only to be told that I cant talk to the broadband help desk as they know nothing about it.  I asked to speak to a duty manager and was put through to the BT Home IT Support Desk.

I am not a racist in the slightest but I am getting very frustrated with talking to people who are obviously abroad and who don't understand that when I am complaining that my infinity connection is running at 2034KBps rather than 35400KBps it is NOT a sales call to upgrade the line but a technical call due to a fault!!!

Is there anyone out there who has a telephone number for a department at BT that actually knows what the **bleep** they are on about?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

if you sent form to mods then should get a reply within a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
mackemmattsafc

As imjolly has said if you have mailed the mods they will get back to you they deal with each mail in turn so it can take a few days sometimes they will get you sorted so please just be patient they have an excellent reputation at sorting things
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

my sincerest thanks to imjolly and john 46 for your help on this.  I have had a reply from one of the MODs and they have reassured me that the engineer visit tomorrow will hopefully solve this - fingers crossed!

I will post again tomorrow after the visit and see where we go from there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

still got your fingers crossedSmiley Wink

makes typing difficult thoSmiley Very Happy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

imjolly, judging by the number of people on the forum complaining about slow speed connections on wither total broadband or infinity, I am starting to worry that leaving my old isp may have been a bad thing!

I've got fingers, toes and eyes crossed that the engineer can sort it - if not, then god only knows!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

engineer should fix it as you have the speed at 38mb just the throughput that's rubbish so that not in your control and more exchange problem

0 Ratings
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

engineers have just left.

The modem seems to have been the problem - they have replaced the modem and it all now seems to be okay.

Fingers crossed!!

Any change and I will let you all know.

Thanks again for everyones help.

0 Ratings