Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity Leadtime.

Go to solution

Hi.

We recently moved house. I ordered BT Infinity on 1st Sept and was given an install date of 10th Sept. HH5 arrived on 8th Sept. On 10th Sept phone line was up an running. So far - so good.

However no engineer arrived on the 10th. I keep getting in touch with BT and am told either that "the case management team is currently working with the issue and they have informed that the next update will be on n+1 day" where n constantly increments. I have been given various confirmed dates e.g. "the engineering team will get the job done by today" however I am now being told to wait until the end of the week for the next update.

Unfortunately no neighbour has a BTwifi hotspot, I threw my modems out a decade ago, my only option is to top-up a 3G dongle on a daily basis at vast expense.

I'd appreciate any advice on (a) how to get to the bottom of the issue i.e. is the problem with Openreach or have BT Retail lost my order, (c) are there any applicable SLAs (b) is there any effective way to escalate or is it just a case of sitting back and waiting until Father Christmas arrives.

PS the local exchange in Infinity enabled (status 'Accepting Orders') and close (expected download of 75-80Mbps).

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity Leadtime.

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your prompt response.

Details as follows from BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker:

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 14.36.08.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

When an Infinity order includes a new phone line it seems quite common for them to cancel the Infinity order as part of the process and without telling you.  I can't tell if that is what has happened here.  

I think a mod may come in on this thread and offer to look into it for you ... they usually get things sorted but unfotunately because of the way the system works it will probably be about three days before they get the chance to start processing your request to them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi freedo100,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your order details and we'll get this looked into further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Unfortunatley the Mods don't like to let the truth be known so deleted my post. Nothing like transparentcy for customers eh!

Very sad 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

it wa the link which was against forum guidelines and if you had omitted that then your post was ok

you have been offered assistance from a mod on your post on the billing board  I would take up his offer of help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings