cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George222
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity - Line connection speed

How do you tell the actual line connection speed for a BT Infinity connection. Not the throughput as measured by the SpeedTesters or the profile as reported by the BT speed tester, but the actual line connection speed?

i.e. the line side of the open reach modem?

Just curious.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Rottie
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity - Line connection speed

@George222 wrote:

How do you tell the actual line connection speed for a BT Infinity connection. Not the throughput as measured by the SpeedTesters or the profile as reported by the BT speed tester, but the actual line connection speed?

i.e. the line side of the open reach modem?

Just curious.

Thanks

Hi there,

Unfortunately, you can't see the synch speed of your line on Infinity, as the OpenReach modem does not allow you to access its interface. 😞

0 Ratings
George222
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Rottie,

thanks for that info, I kind of guessed that was the case, but I just wondered if there was any other way to check.

The engineer told me my link connection was 35M when he set it all up, but the profile seems to be staying at 31M (approx figures), and I wasn't sure if the connection speed has changed or BT need to chuck away about 4M in profile 'head room'. It would be nice if you could check.

Oh well.

0 Ratings
George222
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Dunno if any BT folk or mods are reading this, but could the BT Speed Tester be updated to show your actual Sync connection speed as well as your profile?

I'd just like to know when my line supports.

0 Ratings